• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
StevenCGM

What engine should I use for this gamemode

This topic is 495 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey I am planning on making a Battle Royale H1Z1/Battlegrounds sort of game, and I am wondering what Engine should I use for it. The game "specs" are below.

- 40 Players online

- An arangement of weapons

- Armor (Bulletproof vest etc)

- A H1Z1 Sized map

-Final man standing

- When you get a kill you get a "Dice" and after you die or win the game you can go to the menu screen and roll it. It is 50% to succeed and 50% to not succeed. If it does succeed it goes into a "CSGO style" Case opening with different skins and such.

There will be more but I am just asking what engine would be best for this

Have a great day

~Cobra

Advertisement
There will be more but I am just asking what engine would be best for this Have a great day

Unreal 4. Best engine around for his type of game.

Now for my opinion:

I don't believe a indie team could make a game of this size, not with Battleground/ H1Z1 graphics even CSGO would be pushing it.

When you get a kill you get a "Dice" and after you die or win the game you can go to the menu screen and roll it. It is 50% to succeed and 50% to not succeed. If it does succeed it goes into a "CSGO style" Case opening with different skins and such.

[spoiler]

So one dice per kill, each giving a 50% chance that they could get loot. Say your game is strict and players get only three kills per average. That is on average a player will receive 1.5 loot items, round it down to 1 if you are lucky.

Using Gatch game rates: common = 63.4% Rare = 30% VeryRare = 6% SuperRare = 0.6%

64 items - 128 items on launch day. Lets say your game is good and isn't loot dependent so you have 64 items on launch day. 32common  16 rare  8 very rare 8 SuperRare. Lets say the game has 10 guns the rest is skins.

A 3D modeler takes 1 day on average to make a skin or a static model, guns an key models take longer. The quality is GSGO so you could say they will charge $300 USD per gun(2 days) $150 USD(1 day) per skin.

10* $300 = $3 000 and  20 days + 22 * $150 and 22 days = $3 300 = 32 items at $ 6 300 taking 44 days at least.

It's going to cost you $6 300 - $12 600 USD and 44 days - 88 days to have the minimum loot items needed to call it a game.

A game of 20 - 30 min matches will have casual players playing 3- 4 games a day. One month will be 90 - 120 games and loot items.

In two months a casual free player will on average unlocked all the common loot, and most of the rare loot. In four months they will have at least 3 rare items. Hardcore players will have it all in one or two months.

You have entertained these players for months, received little to no money and had to pay $6 300 - $12 600, for loot that they are bored with.

The above is only the cost for models and textures, by a artist willing to work for the lowest fee possible. 3D modelers that can produce good quality constantly start at around $500 a day.

The above does not include the fee for implementing the art.

[/spoiler]

Edited by Scouting Ninja

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!