how to do this?

Started by
5 comments, last by _WeirdCat_ 6 years, 10 months ago

I would love to do something like what is shown in this video:

(source is a comment from http://tips.hecomi.com/entry/2015/09/16/014119 )

Unfortunately, it doesn't show how to do this, plus it's several years old, perhaps things have changed? Vuforia?

Any suggestions what would be the easiest way to do something like augmenting a circuit to show component information?

Advertisement
blipton, your question is unrelated to the topic of the thread you posted
in. That's called "hijacking." I'm splitting this out into its own thread.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Unfortunately, it doesn't show how to do this, plus it's several years old, perhaps things have changed? Vuforia?

Any suggestions what would be the easiest way to do something like augmenting a circuit to show component information?

You're a new user, so welcome. That also means you don't have a posting history to see much about your background knowledge and experience.

The short version is that they used an AR package in Unity to detect items shown in the computer's camera, and then used Unity to draw on top of the items in a Unity scene. You can do it yourself by getting Unity, obtaining a AR package (there are several available), and then using the package to figure out where things are. Once you know that, write appropriate code in Unity to display the overlay.

this so called newtech etc, doesnt work with poor light, rest us shape reconstruction and in some cases i think it reads text, for resistors it uses colors to define if this is even a resistor, algorithm might be like this: flood fill all similar colors,

create boundary boxes, read data from outter boxes?

Looking at the video, the '555 Blinking Led' label that is on the bread board is the image marker and the overlay for the circuit/component models/etc is positioned in relation to that marker. (He mentioned this at 0:34 where the image has to always be in the camera view).

Vuforia would be fine to make something like this.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

not to mention all these holes

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement