Combined derivative works ?

Started by
0 comments, last by monalaw 6 years, 10 months ago
Hi. Some time ago, I have received permission from the copyright owner to use a character in a fan videogame. Now I want to get a model for that character. One of my options is MqnuelBastioni lab plugin.

On the plugin FAQ, it says that you must state that the characters you create are derivative of the ones he created, to get CC-BY 4.0 license for them.

http://www.manuelbastioni.com/faq.php#faq1-3

Now, if for example I get the base mesh and add to it hair and clothes to resemble the character from the videogame, could this be a problem ? Is there a conflict between licenses ?
Advertisement

Hi. Some time ago, I have received permission from the copyright owner to use a character in a fan videogame. Now I want to get a model for that character. One of my options is MqnuelBastioni lab plugin.

Now, if for example I get the base mesh and add to it hair and clothes to resemble the character from the videogame, could this be a problem ? Is there a conflict between licenses ?

What are the attribution requirements under your 3rd party IP/asset license with the copyright owner?

~Mona Ibrahim
Senior associate @ IELawgroup (we are all about games) Interactive Entertainment Law Group

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement