I finally watched 'Her'....

Started by
2 comments, last by Embassy of Time 6 years, 11 months ago

Although it came out in '13, I finally just got around to watching the movie 'Her', with Joaquin Phoenix, Amy Adams, Chris Pratt, and of course the voice of Scarlett Johansson as 'Samantha'. For those who don't know this movie, it's about go see it. I won't say it's amazing or Oscar-worthy or whatever (I think it is, but tastes vary, * and oh I just checked, it actually won Best Writing, and won/was nominated for even more awards!), but it got me thinking about a lot of things. I watched it in part because my last blog entry made me think of it.

I'm still processing a lot of it, including which parts I found powerful and which I found cheesy. I honestly don't quite know yet. It did make me respect Phoenix more as a versatile actor, and it of course made me love both ScarJo and Amy Adams even more, but the film itself still rumbles through my mind in so many ways.

I just want to know who out there saw it, and what you thought of it??

[DEDACTED FOR SECURITY REASONS]

Advertisement
Yes, it's thought provoking and worth seeing.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I enjoyed it. I would watch again, and I plan to do so somewhat soon.
I also recommend following it with Ex Machina.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

I enjoyed it. I would watch again, and I plan to do so somewhat soon.I also recommend following it with Ex Machina.L. Spiro

I did watch Ex Machina, too, and liked it a lot! But what appealed so much to me about Her was that it never felt like a 'topic' movie. It felt like a slice-of-life movie set in a surprisingly real-feeling near future. The many topics like Theo's job, the games, and of course OS1/Samantha boosted each other to become a greater idea of artificial life (including the artificial nature of his letters!!), which made Samantha seem like a more real and personal issue. The AI thoughts I had both during and after the movie were very different from my usual ones. Like, could it be used for life therapy? What about games responding to your actual life??

[DEDACTED FOR SECURITY REASONS]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement