• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Reitano

New Typhoon released, looking for testers

This topic is 564 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all,

In the past months I have been working on a brand new version of Typhoon. Typhoon is an engine specialized in the simulation and rendering of oceans and underwater environments, targeting AAA games and maritime simulations. It is written in C/C++ 11/Lua/HLSL and currently runs on the Windows/DirectX 11 platform.
I have released a demo on www.typhoon3d.com and I am now looking for testers. The requirements are Windows 7 64-bit or later and a DirectX 11 compliant card.

Regarding water, the features are:

- Projective grid tessellation
- FFT ambient waves
- Procedural waves
- Kelvin waves
- Ship wakes
- Whitecaps
- Physically based shading
- Specular anti aliasing (baked LEAN)
- Reflections
- Refractions
- Cascaded caustics
- Underwater godrays
- Underwater shadows
- Underwater defocusing
- Seamless rendering at the water/air interface
- Buoyancy simulation
- Support for bathymetry maps

After a break, I will focus on these new features:
- Underwater reflections
- Support for round earth
- Wave particles
- Convolution waves for water/bodies interaction
- More wave and foam primitives (e.g. helicopter rotors, missile trails)
- Spray effects
- Anti aliased caustics
- Wide angle cameras
- Scuba diving pack
- And many more engine features...

Next year I will then focus on the seemingly impossible problem of simulating breaking waves and wave refraction in shallow water in real-time, which I'd say is my programming-related dream.
I will also seek potential partnerships and work on the integration with other engines/products in order to finance further developments.

Please let me know your feedback and bug reports here or by email (typhoon3d@gmail.com).

Thanks!

Stefano Lanza

[attachment=36017:gamedev1.jpg][attachment=36018:gamedev2.jpg]
[attachment=36019:gamedev3.jpg][attachment=36020:gamedev4.jpg][attachment=36021:gamedev6.jpg][attachment=36022:gamedev7.jpg]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!