Showing Text with Special Effects in the mobile game

Started by
1 comment, last by Lactose 6 years, 11 months ago

Hi,

I am new to game development and I am producing a small mobile game that runs on math. I gave the coding work to a off shore developer. During this i asked him that I want to show the texts like " You Won" or 'You Lose" in a special effect like BOOOM. He is saying that he cant do this. He is using Unity for this game development.

My question is, is it something that he can do in Unity? Or do i need to hire a VFXer separately for these small effects??

Advertisement
Unity can display text, and you can animate all of the supported properties of that text.

I don't know what you mean by "in a special effect like BOOOM", though. Do you have a specific meaning of "special effect"?

You might be asking for something outside of what Unity can do, something that he just doesn't know how to do, or you might be asking for something that he as a coder isn't able to do himself (such as asking a pure programmer to work on art)

During this i asked him that I want to show the texts like " You Won" or 'You Lose" in a special effect like BOOOM

If I were asked this I would have no clue what you meant. If I had to answer yes or no to that question, I would answer no instead of promising something I didn't understand.

Most likely, I would ask for clarification of what you meant. For example if you could show an example from a different game, etc.

Unity is most likely able to do what you want. Your developer might not be experienced enough (code-wise), or not have the art resources available. Or he might be capable, if they actually understand what you're asking. It's better to ask him why he says he can't do it, and what his suggestions are.

Hello to all my stalkers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement