• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SillyCow

Getting featured on Google Cardboard

This topic is 562 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am releasing a hobby game on google cardboard, and was hoping to get featured on their Cardboard app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.samples.apps.cardboarddemo

The "get apps" page on the app contains several hobby apps, so I think there might be a (slim) chance that I can get my game featured.

However searching the net, I cannot find any info on how to get featured. Is there a special flag that I need to mark? It seems that the documentation focus has switched to "daydream"m however I am still interested in this.

Anyone have an idea what I need to do?

Edited by SillyCow

Advertisement

I think there might be a (slim) chance that I can get my game featured.
However searching the net, I cannot find any info on how to get featured. Is there a special flag that I need to mark? It seems that the documentation focus has switched to "daydream"m however I am still interested in this.
Anyone have an idea what I need to do?

This is a Marketing question, so I'm moving this to Business.

You need to have an actual human conversation with the right person at google. Is there some kind of developer contact email to make first contact and start the process of finding out who that person is?

There do seem to be a few genuine random picks for a feature but as Hodgman said, it is generally by "who you know".  Even then they still want one sheets before even thinking about it.  Doesn't help you any but it seems to be much easier to get featured by Apple.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!