Why Do Some Posts Stay at 0 Views

Started by
8 comments, last by MobileGameGraphics.com 6 years, 10 months ago

One of my posts is staying at zero views after numerous days. Now I know it may not be a popular topic, but any post in the forum is bound to get a couple of views. I've seen other random posts stay at 0 views as well. Is this an error and they really have views not being displayed?

Mend and Defend

Advertisement

If you're talking about this thread then it does appear to be a bug. I just viewed it and it still says 0.

The same thing seems to be happening to my thread here:

0views.png

Posts in this subforum usually get read very quickly, so I doubt it's gone nearly three days without being viewed.

While a post has no comments it reads 0 views. Seen it with my own posts.

It isn't a bad idea. This way you don't see that hundreds viewed the post, with not even one taking the time to answer.

It should also lessen announcement spam, as most of these posters will think no one sees the post on Gamedev.

It isn't a bad idea. This way you don't see that hundreds viewed the post, with not even one taking the time to answer.

It should also lessen announcement spam, as most of these posters will think no one sees the post on Gamedev.

Okay that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up. I was just worried that the posts were invisible, but I see that's not the case.

Mend and Defend

Yep, unfortunate bug of some kind. Confirmed LennyLen's topic in this forum has 0 views stored in the database. Again, should be fixed in the upgrade.

Admin for GameDev.net.

For example of this thread. https://www.gamedev.net/topic/689002-member-topics-not-displaying-properly/ i viewed this many times but still zero views. :)

Game Graphics | Pixel Art | Game Backgrounds | Tools | Tutorials

I just tested this with my thread, and can confirm.

For example of this thread. https://www.gamedev.net/topic/689002-member-topics-not-displaying-properly/ i viewed this many times but still zero views.

My own shows 125 views.

I know some topics gives me weird errors, like stopping mu BBcode or deleting part of my comment, however that all appears linked to my browser and stopped when I updated.

All my post show 0 views until someone comments, I am using the latest Chrome 64 bit.

My own shows 125 views.

I just check here on my side today. But confirm still zero views.

Game Graphics | Pixel Art | Game Backgrounds | Tools | Tutorials

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement