Strafe : Air Support

Started by
23 comments, last by ErnieDingo 5 years, 9 months ago

I've been working on this from scratch on a little game project for the last 11 months.

Strafe : Air Support is inspired from my youth of Raid on Bungling bay on the C64 and the arcade 1942.

This is my first project since the days of the Amiga 1200 and will continue to build on it as I go. Building all the tools also from scratch, I have a dev build I publish every week to my friends on my facebook site - https://www.facebook.com/InsaneSoftware.com.au/

If enough interest, happy to continue to post progress here. Hoping to release for PC and XBox One sometime into the future. Still looking for artist and another Dev to accelerate development.

Screenshots

screenshot_1.png

screenshot_2.png

screenshot_3.jpg

screenshot_4.jpg

Youtube video - April Build - Version 0.39 (since then release builds are up to version 0.51)

Indie game developer - Game WIP

Strafe (Working Title) - Currently in need of another developer and modeler/graphic artist (professional & amateur's artists welcome)

Insane Software Facebook

Advertisement

Updated video I added today.

Strafe (Working Title) - Currently in need of another developer and modeler/graphic artist (professional & amateur's artists welcome)

Insane Software Facebook

New version (0.53) available on Facebook site - Powersup now drop (Armour/Regen/Splitfire), so should be a little more fun. They have to be refined but it adds another gameplay dimension. A few other things added, but will leave that up to yourselves to find :)

Screenshot_best.png

Insane Software Facebook

Looking good :)
That battleship should make a good "boss fight"

Looking good :)
That battleship should make a good "boss fight"

I have to tone it down, the number of anti aircraft guns makes it suicide atm.

Insane Software Facebook

Hi, I make indie game reviews on youtube, could I review your game?

-Game Designers Hub

GDH Gameplay on youtube

At the moment it's a very early demo, rather that I just publish on here. I believe I am more than 12 months from a completed first level (as Im doing this on my own with no assistance.) If I do end up getting some help on this, I will revisit but I don't think its in the best state for review.

Insane Software Facebook

sounds great. I'm totally up for it whenever you're ready!

Version 0.56 uploaded tonight with quite a few changes since the last post I made here. Enjoy, feel free to let me know how it runs. Interested to know performance on different machines.

Insane Software Facebook

Version 0.58 is up on the web site, enjoy. Enhanced graphics around water, still alot to do in this space, but the initial work is done.

As usual, link on the facebook site at top post.

screenshot.png

Insane Software Facebook

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement