• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Muser

Financial Subscription Payment Model

This topic is 559 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there devs!

Is there any website or service where developers can upload their HTML5 games and then charge using a subscription?

Thank you!!

Advertisement

Hi there devs!

Is there any website or service where developers can upload their HTML5 games and then charge using a subscription?

Thank you!!

I don't know that there is, but I'd be surprised the market of web portal games (much compatible to HTML5-devved games) would offer subscription models and find a market given the majority of these are either ads-powered or advert-gaming experiences (both of which monetize the user without actual end-user investment).

Subscriptions work better with larger-scope products I'm afraid.

Curious to hear back from someone else though!

Armor Games seems to have lots of microtransaction systems built into their platform these days, but subscription? I can't see the heavily indie market succeeding there when even hundreds of AA/AAA MMOs are going free-to-play (in open-world titles) or pay-to-lose (in MOBA titles).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!