Week of Awesome V - Administration Thread

Hi everybody. Is it still possible to join the contest? In case it is, please count me in.

Team name: Racsoth

Members: Racsoth

Blog: I'll probably create a devlog in itch.io after the contest has begun.

Thanks!

O.

Off course me and newt are in, and we have 2 artists with us this year:

TeamName: Newtopia

Members: Fareeha, PulchraSD, Newt, IYP

both artists are not in GDN

first day journal 

Me and my mate weren't sure if we'd have time for this, but we'd like to join as a late entry if that's possible (everyone knows extra limitations increase creative solutions right? ;) ).

Team Name: The Ludologists

Members: Moofle and CarbonatedSoda

Twitter Handle: moofle_

2 hours ago, DKoding said:

"Can the judges play VR titles?"

I think not. VR is expensive so it's unfair to expect judges to have VR for testing.

Unless one of the judges is making there own VR game it would be difficult to test a VR game. Then there is the fact that not all the VR systems work the same, so even if you have it working it could cause problems with a set the judge is using.

So to be safe, just add VR as a additional feature and not as needed to play the game.

Found out yesterday that this was going on.  I enjoyed participating in WoA 3, so I think I'll see what I can come up with this time around.  Time is a bit limited by work, but I'll try to design around it.  Hopefully this time I can get around to including audio...

Quick question.  I see the Submit form on the site has a box for a description.  Do the judges read this for info on controls and such, or is that expected to be detailed in-game?

For example, if there is no in-game tutorial or explanation of mechanics, but everything is described sufficiently in the description box, would that still result in a poor FTUE score?

25 minutes ago, CaseyHardman said:

Found out yesterday that this was going on.  I enjoyed participating in WoA 3, so I think I'll see what I can come up with this time around.  Time is a bit limited by work, but I'll try to design around it.  Hopefully this time I can get around to including audio...

Quick question.  I see the Submit form on the site has a box for a description.  Do the judges read this for info on controls and such, or is that expected to be detailed in-game?

For example, if there is no in-game tutorial or explanation of mechanics, but everything is described sufficiently in the description box, would that still result in a poor FTUE score?

No, don't rely on the description box for your controls explanation.   Include it in the game if you don't feel they are obvious enough.

Ok this is kinda a blog update but I'll add more stuff like pictures and videos later on this evening.

So my untitled game will combine the alien invasion and castles theme and will feature slime monsters from mars that crash land on Earth and try to take over a medieval land. You as the hero must stop them before they reach the king and overthrow him, and the rest of the world. That's what I have so far. Took me just about all day yesterday to come up with it. Looking to make a hack n slash type game similar to um... Light Crusader or Fatal Laybrinth on Sega Genesis, but with less RPG elements. I'll be using the Unity Game Engine. I've started playing with some assets from the unity asset store trying to get them to play nice together, more updates later tonight! 

1 hour ago, Elijah Leon said:

Ok this is kinda a blog update but I'll add more stuff like pictures and videos later on this evening.

So my untitled game will combine the alien invasion and castles theme and will feature slime monsters from mars that crash land on Earth and try to take over a medieval land. You as the hero must stop them before they reach the king and overthrow him, and the rest of the world. That's what I have so far. Took me just about all day yesterday to come up with it. Looking to make a hack n slash type game similar to um... Light Crusader or Fatal Laybrinth on Sega Genesis, but with less RPG elements. I'll be using the Unity Game Engine. I've started playing with some assets from the unity asset store trying to get them to play nice together, more updates later tonight! 

Just a heads-up, There is a thread here for this, Its the competition thread.