• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
alop125125

Introduction To 3d game programming with directx 11 Problems

This topic is 549 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am using the book mentioned above and any of the test code gives me this error: 

Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol __vsnwprintf referenced in function "long __stdcall StringVPrintfWorkerW(unsigned short *,unsigned int,unsigned int *,unsigned short const *,char *)" (?StringVPrintfWorkerW@@YGJPAGIPAIPBGPAD@Z) Init Direct3D Z:\d3d11book\Introduction-to-3D-Game-Programming-With-DirectX11-master\Introduction-to-3D-Game-Programming-With-DirectX11-master\Chapter 4 Direct3D Initialization\Init Direct3D\dxerr.lib(dxerrw.obj) 1 

I made sure that DxErr.h was linked.

Advertisement

did you download the legacy directx sdk? or are you using directx from the windows?

DXERR.lib that's in the legacy directx sdk is not compatible with VS 2015 (static libraries often are not compatible with different c++ compilers)

So you could do a couple different things. One is don't use this library, all it's used for is to get a string representing error codes, you could just do this yourself.

The other thing is download the windows sdk and use the directx libraries from there instead, which is what you should be doing anyway if you are not

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/chuckw/2012/04/24/wheres-dxerr-lib/

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!