Sign in to follow this  
WiredCat

wireless communication with other devices

Imagine i walk near door, (i have android phone connected lets say to wifi), now some device on that door checks if i have proper security clearance and unlocks door if i do have proper one. Is there a way to do that, that whenever i am close to door action occurs (but without involving camera sensors)

Maybe its not quite related to gamedev but i would like my game to have that feature :X

Samsungs S series Phones from v6 have some kind of controll over the electro magnetic field that surrounds it and something should have be involved entirely called Samsung Pay that will have your phone emulate your bank card when holding over some kind of payment terminal. So the capability is already partially there or on the other way you need to root your pfone and go deep into the wireless hardware driver. Remove filtering traffic and continiously send/receive some special package that could be understand from the door.

I have did some research on the last one to test the capability of a wire-/server- less gaming network that lets one find players in your direct location and chat with 'em/play against them