Looking for an experienced programmer

Started by
7 comments, last by OverBobin 6 years, 10 months ago
Hello.
I am an artist and I am looking for a programmer (or maybe two) who has an experience in finishing projects. Three months ago me and another programmer started working on a project. It is a 2D top down shooter with a twist (I will tell you more about it if you are interested). Recently we discovered that this project is more difficult than we initially thought and the programmer didn't have enough experience for it. So he had to resign but I am still full of energy and will to continue.
The project itself isn't that ambitious, there were larger projects made by small teams but some game mechanics are quite difficult to implement. We went through design phase already and have a quite large design document. As an artist I have already established a graphical style and made a couple of environment assets as well as one of main characters with couple of animations.
So if you are interested and sure that you have enough experience to handle a rather difficult project then I will be happy to tell you more and show you what we have accomplished already.
Advertisement

I would love to hear more about the project. I just joined the site in hopes to join up with a team to work on a hobby project that isn't my own.

I only tend to work on things that I am really passionate about so I can't say for sure if I would be willing to help. Just starting to look around for projects so trying to keep my options open.

Hope to hear from you!

I have sent you a private message.

I was looking for a project about 2d top-down shooter, I have documentation of a similar project that I did in Native Java.

I can programm in alots of language and do analysis and design.

I got 2 question for you.

First, what language your game is currently built-in, C# ,C, Java, Python, Web ?

Second, just for curiosity what 2d engine are you using if you are using any.

We were using an open-source engine called HaxeFlixel. It uses it's own programming language which is quite similar to C# and Java, I believe.

what platform are you targeting?

can you show some art you've made for the game, just to see the art style and setting of it.

Hey!

I like the sound of the project. It would be nice to see some of the art you have talked about, and to hear more about the game.

I am an experienced programmer in GM Studio, and have released my own game on the Google Play Store!

Thank you!

16 hours ago, ProfL said:

what platform are you targeting?

can you show some art you've made for the game, just to see the art style and setting of it.

12 hours ago, TappYap said:

Hey!

I like the sound of the project. It would be nice to see some of the art you have talked about, and to hear more about the game.

I am an experienced programmer in GM Studio, and have released my own game on the Google Play Store!

Thank you!

Hello!
Thanks for your interest in this project!

We are targeting this game for PC for now (and probably Steam).

Unfortunately, for some reason, I get an error when I try to send a private message. So if you are still interested in this project, then please, send me a note on this email:

mozmarto@gmail.com 

and I will tell you more about this game and its visual style (I don't want to put too much information on public yet).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement