Make My Ideas Reality

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 6 years, 10 months ago

Yes, that topic title is pretentious. I'll put this plain and simple - I'm a guy who has lots of ideas for video games, but who lacks the skill and money required to do it. In short, I'm a guy with ideas, but no skill. I need someone with skill. I've had lots of ideas for games over the years but recently I've had one that I feel I need to act on. A little over a decade ago Heavy Iron Studios made two licensed Spongebob Squarepants games: Battle for Bikini Bottom and the Spongebob Movie Game. Most who've played those games know that they both used the same assets because HI (Heavy Iron) was contracted to make the second game, the Movie Game, in under a year. They made this task much easier by reusing the assets from the previous game, Battle for Bikini Bottom. However, the quality went way down with the movie game. They simply didn't have enough time to make a fun, functioning, and fun game. Many stages were repetitive, and sometimes you just had to play the same stage multiple times in the same way. I've generated a lot of ideas in my head of how to do the second game better and I'm looking for a game developer with a lot of time on their hands to help me do it. I need someone who's played both games and knows Spongebob. My theory is that you could extract the code and assets from the files of both games and use them to create this new game idea of mine. Since it's going to be based off the Spongebob movie, like the original version of this game, we will be able to use audio from the movie for the cutscenes. Because we're making this game about a licensed property without the license, I can't pay you, and we can't make money off of this. I just need someone who'd be willing to try out this crazy idea for free.

If you're willing, reply.

Advertisement

My theory is that you could extract the code and assets from the files of both games and use them to create this new game idea of mine. Since it's going to be based off the Spongebob movie

This is illegal, even ripping art from games just to see how it was made is considered illegal in some countries.

Making fan games is considered illegal in most countries, even if you don't intent on making any money on it.

I'm a guy who has lots of ideas for video games, but who lacks the skill and money required to do it. In short, I'm a guy with ideas, but no skill.

This means that there is no way to know if your ideas is even possible.

My advice is my your own game with your ideas.

Even if this was some great idea for a original game no one would help you because of your inexperienced. Even if by luck you did build a team from skilled people, you would have no idea what to do with them.

I need someone who's played both games and knows Spongebob. My theory is that you
could extract the code and assets from the files of both games and use them to
create this new game idea of mine. Since it's going to be based off the Spongebob
movie, like the original version of this game, we will be able to use audio from
the movie for the cutscenes. Because we're making this game about a licensed
property without the license,

This goes against this site's policy, and of course against the law. Shutting it
down.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement