• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Nerox

Developer Looking For Project [UNPAID]

This topic is 470 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am 19 years old, and a hobby coder currently; I am going to school for computer science (Computer Programming).

I am a C++ developer; and I am also proficient in Java, Python, SQL, XML, etc. My experience to date was mostly developing for World of Warcraft Private servers; mostly core/DB work. That consists of general fixes, as well as client/PC optimizations. I have also done custom patches for servers which essentially is creating an entire new game! I am working on learning the Unreal Engine 4 interface and trying to work that out. 

I am looking for any project to sink my teeth into and try and progress. I am open to almost anything, but if you have a survival kind of game that would be great! 

I know I may not be the most experienced coder, but I've been coding since i taught myself C++ at the age of 14. I am not a professional, but I am positive I can be an asset to almost any team that would give me the chance,

Please feel free to contact me for more information or regarding a project you'd like me to work on with you. Just so you know, once I start a project I don't 'double dip'. I am solely working on that project and will not be available to pursue any others until that project has concluded. 

Contact information: 

Email - neroxthegod@gmail.com

Discord: Nero#8820

Advertisement

You would be than welcome to work on Simutrans-Extended, which is an open source C++ game, being a fork from the original Simutrans. It is a transport simulation game with a focus on economic realism. See here for a list of current projects, here for a list of high level design goals and here for the Github page.

Here are some screenshots:

facebook-cover.png

gnr-7ft-single-and-1870s-4wheel-carriage

tram-wires-demonstration-2.png

Do let me know if you are interested, and I can help you to get started. Alternatively, if you have any questions about Simutrans-Extended, I will endeavour to answer them.

Edited by jamespetts
Added reference to Github page

On 6/14/2017 at 5:09 AM, Nerox said:

I am 19 years old, and a hobby coder currently; I am going to school for computer science (Computer Programming).

I am a C++ developer; and I am also proficient in Java, Python, SQL, XML, etc. My experience to date was mostly developing for World of Warcraft Private servers; mostly core/DB work. That consists of general fixes, as well as client/PC optimizations. I have also done custom patches for servers which essentially is creating an entire new game! I am working on learning the Unreal Engine 4 interface and trying to work that out. 

I am looking for any project to sink my teeth into and try and progress. I am open to almost anything, but if you have a survival kind of game that would be great! 

I know I may not be the most experienced coder, but I've been coding since i taught myself C++ at the age of 14. I am not a professional, but I am positive I can be an asset to almost any team that would give me the chance,

Please feel free to contact me for more information or regarding a project you'd like me to work on with you. Just so you know, once I start a project I don't 'double dip'. I am solely working on that project and will not be available to pursue any others until that project has concluded. 

Contact information: 

Email - neroxthegod@gmail.com

Discord: Nero#8820

Would you be open to working in London (assuming you have the required skills?)

Front-end web developer

You will be the front end lead that will be building elegant and scalable data-driven web apps to integrate with our back-end stack. You should be able to demonstrate your expertise using appropriate modern technologies.

Skills

• Highly proficient with front-end stacks such as and  HTML5, CSS, Javascript.
  • Demonstrated expertise with multiple JS frameworks such as React, Angular, jQuery.
  • Demonstrated expertise with data visualization frameworks such as D3.js
  • Understanding of designing and integrating web services  (REST).
  • Demonstrated expertise with effective, responsive UX design.
  • Understand of potential website security issues.
  • Write scalable, readable, maintainable code

Abilities
  • Solid experience as a front-end developer
  • Able to work across multiple projects and balance priorities
  • Capable of effectively acting on feedback, quickly and efficiently
  • Willing to learn and utilize new technologies appropriate for particular tasks

manyo23@hotmail.com if interested.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!