Sign in to follow this  
atai

angelscript in amalgamation form

Can Angelscript sources be compiled in an amalgamation form?  SQLite can be built from sources in this form and it has performance advantages

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38899001/does-source-code-amalgamation-really-increase-the-performances-of-a-c-or-c-pro

As a script language is normally embedded into a larger host program, this form of compilation may be useful

I haven't tried it, but I would assume you could put all the code in a single source code file and compile that. Perhaps with a few minor tweaks here and there.

I'm skeptical to the actual advantages of this though. A good modern compiler should be able to do full program optimizations without all the code having to be placed in a single source code file.

If you think you would get any performance advantages by doing this then I suggest you give it a try. Make sure you measure the performance before and after so you can validate if it was actually worth it.

Should you do this I would be very interested in hearing the result of your tests.