angelscript in amalgamation form

Started by
0 comments, last by WitchLord 6 years, 10 months ago

Can Angelscript sources be compiled in an amalgamation form? SQLite can be built from sources in this form and it has performance advantages

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38899001/does-source-code-amalgamation-really-increase-the-performances-of-a-c-or-c-pro

As a script language is normally embedded into a larger host program, this form of compilation may be useful

Advertisement

I haven't tried it, but I would assume you could put all the code in a single source code file and compile that. Perhaps with a few minor tweaks here and there.

I'm skeptical to the actual advantages of this though. A good modern compiler should be able to do full program optimizations without all the code having to be placed in a single source code file.

If you think you would get any performance advantages by doing this then I suggest you give it a try. Make sure you measure the performance before and after so you can validate if it was actually worth it.

Should you do this I would be very interested in hearing the result of your tests.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement