Game content creators. RPG

Started by
2 comments, last by Ikillfortea 6 years, 10 months ago

Hello, i am a gaming enthusiast, generally towards MMORPG, or RPG style of games.

Now this forum probably knows, the hardship of making a good game, however i always find my self asking

- Do the same people that write game soft, also develop quest lines? Main story? All narratives ? etc. Whats the hierarchy in this area .

Are there any content creators that focus purely on creating just content? Without the technical aspect?

Advertisement

- Do the same people that write game soft, also develop quest lines? Main story? All narratives ? etc. Whats the hierarchy in this area .

Yes and no.

There are developers out there who never even touch a game engine and at the same time there are developers who make everything in there game.

My advice is that if you plan on making games you should learn how it works, things that you take for granted in real life is extremely difficult in game to do. Other things that in real life is near impossible is easy in games.

If you don't understand the technical aspect, there is a large chance that a lot of the content you create wouldn't even work if used in a game.

1. Do the same people that write game soft, also develop quest lines? Main story? All narratives ? etc. Whats the hierarchy in this area .
2. Are there any content creators that focus purely on creating just content? Without the technical aspect?

1. Yes. They're called "writers" or "narrative designers." If this is the area you're interested in, I suggest you go to the Writing forum and read, read, read.
2. Yes. Game designers and writers. Check out the Game Design forum and read, read, read.

Also see these:
http://www.sloperama.com/advice/lesson32.htm (Writing for Games)
http://www.sloperama.com/advice/lesson14.htm (All About the Job of Game Designer)

And by all means - go to the store and buy some tea. No need to kill for it!!! :P

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Thanks for the great answers, appreciate it. IL go check it all out.

Writing for games would be my dream job, so i guess its time to start learning some programming to, as u said, got to understand how it works.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement