Direct3D help: Window closes immediately upon opening

Started by
4 comments, last by Endurion 6 years, 10 months ago

I am a beginner to Direct3d and I was playing around with some of the tutorials on the link below:

https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsdesktop/Direct3D-Tutorial-Win32-829979ef

For about week, I have been working with these tutorials and everything seemed to be running ok. Yesterday, however, all of the programs stopped working, even the ones I didn't touch. What happened was that the window created by the program to display the image would immediately close upon opening. I eventually deleted these files and re-downloaded them from the same link, but the problem persisted. I was wondering if anybody has any ideas as to what is going on here?

Advertisement

Just a guess but are you using a laptop with two gpu's? integrated and a discrete... maybe the programs were using the discrete when it worked, but switched to using integrated and that doesn't support something in dx11.

Also try restarting your computer.

-potential energy is easily made kinetic-

If you have multiple GPU's on a laptop then you need to go the long road and enumerate the cards available and check each one for DEVCAPS. I'm guessing something changed with your default GPU and the integrated one doesn't support something you are using. Also, code always helps,

Also check antivirus/firewall might b blocking resources that your program needs. R u getting an exit code?

Have you debug-stepped through the program? Does it maybe bail out due to some error condition?

Check the result codes of all functions that are called.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement