Here to report a problem with the site upgrade?

Started by
31 comments, last by Scouting Ninja 6 years, 9 months ago
2 hours ago, _Silence_ said:

Most links in the menu don't work: Click on forums, then programming, the website is searching for a page, but doesn't change anything.

What browser/OS?  All menu items work for me, so it may be your end. There was also a recent server restart, so you might just have had bad timing.

Forum listing is not sorted anymore (maybe this was made on purpose).

It is sorted. It's just arranged differently than it was before.  I'm sure once we're all used to the new hierarchy, it won't matter any more.

Reputation seems down (or maybe it work in another new way now).

Yes, the reputation system has changed.

Advertisement
1 hour ago, LennyLen said:

What browser/OS?  All menu items work for me, so it may be your end. There was also a recent server restart, so you might just have had bad timing.

I'm with Firefox ESR 52.2.0 (32 bits) on Windows 10 PRO.

Just checked again and still have the issue.

I also now have another weird issue (only looking). The programming sub-menu is now lying far from its parent Forums menu :)

Untitled.png

Just noticed the FAQ sidebar boxes are gone when someone asked a question covered in the former FAQ links.

Hopefully they still exist somewhere.

22 hours ago, _Silence_ said:

Most links in the menu don't work: Click on forums, then programming, the website is searching for a page, but doesn't change anything. To see all forums, we are obliged to click on Forums, then all forums. I guess it would have been best just to click on the main Forums menu just like for Blogs for example.

You shouldn't need to click. They should dropdown on hover. The only click should be the item you want.

Reputation seems down (or maybe it work in another new way now).

As @LennyLen mentioned it has indeed changed and will be recalculated sometime in the near future. I recommend reading the Staff Blog post mentioned in the Announcement at the top of the page for more information.

Forum listing is not sorted anymore (maybe this was made on purpose).

There's a few spots where the order of things will probably be massaged a little more. In some cases forums were merged or dropped.

Even when I don't have any ad blockers, I can see at the bottom of some pages a warning about me using blockers.

Try not to get too used to the current setup. Small changes here and there are likely. :)

Even when I don't have any ad blockers, I can see at the bottom of some pages a warning about me using blockers.

This was fixed after your post, so you shouldn't see it now.

Some reply number might be wrong.

This is a known problem, and something happened in the conversion. We think it happened because the cache didn't clear. We're considering it low priority relative to other issues, but we'll run a script in the near future to correct this.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Hey there!
Big update!
I am probably the only one - but I can't find a search/find in the forums anymore ? What am I missing ? (Using Chrome)

---------------------------------------http://badfoolprototype.blogspot.com/
1 hour ago, JorenJoestar said:

Hey there!
Big update!
I am probably the only one - but I can't find a search/find in the forums anymore ? What am I missing ? (Using Chrome)

Activity menu has several options for search. Activity -> Search as well as the new Activity Streams. You can set filters and save them for your own use.

Admin for GameDev.net.

5 hours ago, JorenJoestar said:

Using the navigation bar at the top: Activity --> Search.

It is supposed to be upgraded/improved somewhat later on -- there's a comment from khawk about it here: 

Edit: Woops, didn't notice there was another page of replies.

Hello to all my stalkers.

11 hours ago, JorenJoestar said:

Hey there!
Big update!

It's under the Activity menu.

Edit: replied way too late.

Thank you guys!
You are super kind everyone :)

---------------------------------------http://badfoolprototype.blogspot.com/

I can no more pay my GDNet+ Membership due to server errors. I've tried with PayPal and even with credit card, but I get always the same server error result at the end. Please fix it.  

gamedev-i-can-not-pay-due-to-a-servererr

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement