Sign in to follow this  
Josheir

Paste of Code Usage

Okay, I am using C++ for Asteroids and I am getting ready to post into something like :  http://paste.ofcode.org for code review.   I have 5 headers and 6 cpps including the main.cpp.  I was wondering if I should use different links or just put each one after each other? 

Maybe someones has created the idea of tabs?

Thank you,

Josheir

You could post it on Git. I always view these paste it things as just for sharing throw away code snippets, not for entire projects. In Visual Studio (I don't know what environment/IDE you're using) you can synch up with a Git repository, and commit your project, and it's directory structure. This makes it a lot easier for sharing, and even working with other devs (You can branch off the main project and work on smaller features in a way that won't destroy the build when something goes horribly wrong).

I'd recommend creating an account if you haven't already: https://github.com/

I just think more people will be likely to dig through 11 source files in a nice repository than 11 separate hyperlinks.

Now for both of these actions (git or upload,) the files will be .h or .cpp and I am using Visual Studio IDE (c++.)  Now will these source code files be view-able with other IDEs for these two suggestions?

Thanks again,

Josheir

Sure, they are just plain text-files, and development environments that everybody has around here tend to understand those "weird" extensions like .h, .cc, .cpp, or .java (what I am doing today).

If you want to check, open them with wordpad (or notepad, which likely works for your files, I know it fails with unix files).