Malfunction - creative sandbox for puzzle-games

Started by
1 comment, last by gdjm 6 years, 9 months ago

Hi!

I’m one and only member of mine development team, that means its family business. I’m 27 years old PhD student from Poland and my dream is to make games. I'd love to present you game i'm working on. It's still in pre-alpha stage but i'd love to hear your comments about it.

You can find all info also on my page:
malfunctiongame.com

Logo.png.903b9ce2bc699e693f9d9583bb9187b5.png

Malfunction is isometric full 3d puzzle - game inspired by Monument Valley and alike. It is based on strictly physic mechanics with a little futuristic twist. The goal may be different each level but what is essential to Malfunction is to use all you can spin, drag, drop, pull, push, throw, spill and swipe to let Our Little Friend precede.

What’s different about Malfunction is that You not only get to experience deep story driven campaign but also and maybe what’s most important You get to create it Yourself. If you like puzzle-games and always thought they are awesome, now you will be able to create it yourself. The biggest part of game will be creative sandbox mode in which you will have access to every item existing in game. Not only will you use them to build your own levels and even group them into campaigns but also script those with build-in intuitive tool. This will allow you to make custom events that happen to Our Little Friend in your adventures.

What’s fun putting so much effort creating when nobody can see it, right?

That’s why you will be able to share your work with other players and let them play it. Of course that also works the other way around.

If that all sounds to you like an idea for mobile game you got it half right. Besides making and playing complicated puzzles that do not fit mobile, there will be special simplified version of game for Android and iOS on which you will be able to play certain campaigns and sandbox levels.

Czwartesrednie.gif.243de9aab36cf2acddb758b192046e20.gifPierwszesrednie.gif.7338241fd3e1d956233154ec7e0cd83d.gif

Story mode - Unravel the truth hidding in deep corners of OLF inc. factory. Enjoy set of 30 carefully designed levels in basic story with regurarly realesed 10 levels side stories.

Sandbox - Build Your own puzzles, levels and even whole stories in fully customable sandbox with scriptable events. Use hundreds of interactable and environmental objects and release creativity.

59478671d49cb_Drugie--Odzyskanosrednie.gif.31e1b20901057e824b91dbd5fbd8d96c.gifTrzecie2.gif.5008d00c0329246654f24122532b370d.gif

Share and Enjoy - Share the levels you have made with friends and all the people out there and check how they like them. Enjoy what others have made! Endless possibilities gives endless fun.

Multiplatform - Enjoy story mode, sandbox and full extent of shared levels on PC, Linux and Mac. Use Android/iOS version of game to get access to special story mode and enjoy mobile section of shared levels wherever You are!

Bez_nazwy-1.thumb.png.003d2534903ab4de92b1c700b9ab66f8.png

If you like an idea of such a game and would like to keep up on the infromation don't forget to subscribe and/or follow/share/like on socialmedia:
web: http://www.malfunctiongame.com/
twitter: https://twitter.com/GameMalfunction
fb: https://www.facebook.com/malfunctiongame/
Cheers!

Advertisement

Thanks (Dziekuje ?) for taking the time to post a detailed and illustrated explanation.

However next time I recommend you to use a spelling checker and fewer words. I'm quite intrigued by the gameplay because I'm a puzzle addict and from the graphics it seems the universe is original. Retro, industrial, a bit weird… I like it ! I'm also curious about the sandbox because for the moment it sounds more like an editor. Not a problem even if it is because I'm a creative person but then you shouldn't describe it as a sandbox mode. Last but not least it's understandable to think about mobile players but maybe you should focus first on the PC.

Good luck and one day I hope I'll travel in Poland because I've heard it's a beautiful country !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement