• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Steamie Tilted
      Hi guys,
      I just released my first game and would like to know if anyone wants to test it. This is the first attempt to produce a game. A total new world for me.
      The link to test is here. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.steamiegames.beatem

I hope you like and have fun. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Steamie & Tilted

• By fazook
      Hi, guys!
      I have a rather abstract question, because I don't know which side to approach to its solution. So, I would appreciate any information.
      I have a task to create a simple game that generates floor plans and I following by this perfect algorithm (https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijcgt/2010/624817/). At the moment I use squarified treemaps (http://www.win.tue.nl/~vanwijk/stm.pdf) and here no problems. I create nested array in which elements are rooms with size. Problems starts when I trying to represent generated "rooms" as edges and vertexes (a, b, c, d steps in attached picture) That representation can give me access to this elements as special "entities" in future game versions.
      I don't have skills in graphs (and do I need graphs?) and at the moment totally stucked at this step. How can I represent room walls as trees (or graphs?) at this step? Calculate size of squares (rooms) and convert sides to a vectors? Then in loop find shared vectors (same position by "x" or "y") and determine them as shared walls? The instinct tells me that there exist more elegant and efficient ways.
      Anyway, thanks for any information about this.

• By x3ph3r
      A sticky dilemma.
      I'm part of a team based in USA that produces a virtual world software for remote business purposes. The businesses that use us are our Clients with users from all over the world (and expanding), but primarily in the USA. Our software makes use of customizable human avatars to use in world for each user. We have gotten requests from one of our biggest paying Clients and approval from boss to include religion based avatar clothing options (yamulkes, headscarves, skullcaps and turban head coverings currently, potentially garments too).
      As our software is used for business, most people want to keep their real world likeness, which may include some of this clothing because it is a part of their identity. Since this is such a sensitive topic on all sides involved and we are in a politically charged climate in the USA, clearly we don't want to offend anyone because they all pay us. In my opinion, even if this request was deemed as a reason for loss on Client's part, it will still be our company providing the service that will be affected primarily. As an emerging company we can't afford to lose users or current/potential Clients over something unrelated to the core mechanics or hardware requirements of the game.

How do we put it in the avatar creation menu? Keep it with the other head coverings (so not to upset/offend the religious wear users via segregation) or separate it (to protect from accidental abuse of said garments from ignorant users and offend everybody)? As difficult as it would be for us to do (right now), do we only allow access to certain users? Would that be going too far to request information such as this from users, or for them to have to volunteer it for access?

How do we talk about it with the client? When the concern was brought up, they warned us to be careful about using the term "religious wear", so we switched to the more broad "cultural wear", in which they again implied even that term might offend in discussion (because Texas users (very many) would get mad about their cowboy hats not being treated as culturally significant...) and client tactfully avoided telling us what they want us to call it themselves. How do we have a productive conversation though they put out a controversial request and are not willing to speak confidently on it's behalf?

• By Miszka0112

I am an audio researcher developing new audiovisual technologies and currently interested in new applications for games, especially in areas of VR arcades, large immersive spaces, 360 degree installations and even escape rooms.
      I am wondering if anyone has any ideas how to get 32 independent channels (or more) of audio output in real-time from a game engine like Unity that can be spatially mapped to XY coordinates of virtual objects in a screen, or the XYZ coordinates for a spatial enclosure, when most game engines only allow for fixed pre-defined output formats such as stereo, 5.1 or 7.1.
      I have an executive summary of the technology online at (the link also includes my email address): http://bit.ly/pixelphonics
      Thanks,
      M
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Proc3D pre-alpha - free licenses for early adopters

Hello,

I'm working on a new non-destructive 3D generation tool and I would love to get some feedback. I'm looking for people to try my program, and in exchange, I will give the final product for free to everyone whose feedback has been significant.

Proc3D is a different 3D modelling software: instead of being based on polys, it is based on bodies that can be mixed together with powerful boolean operators. It is completely non-destructive and I hope you find it easy to use.

Of course, not everything is perfect. In fact, the current status of the program is a pre-alpha. You can expect these: bugs (it doesn't usually crash, but many bugs are present), lack of features, horrible exporter (exporting to a triangle mesh is critical, but now, the quality of the output is unacceptable). I will also release updates before the final version, so you can expect to get a more useful version of the program before that.

So, if you want to be an early adopter and collaborate with me send me an email to david@raiselandsoft.com or send me a private message here with your email.

Thanks!

Captura de pantalla de 2017-06-16 23-43-17.jpg

Edited by Proc3D

Advertisement

• Advertisement