Pixels?

Started by
11 comments, last by Endurion 6 years, 10 months ago

What's the deal with the "pixel" tags under people's names?

Advertisement

635827187468086997-140826166_You+should+

" rel="external nofollow">

" rel="external nofollow">

... we don't know yet / yet to be announced ...

The number in circulation seems to be increasing quite rapidly.

They're an attempt to keep activity up. An ill-advised attempt, in my opinon.

You no longer get reputation for activity, only for upvotes. But you get "pixels" for activity. And, to "encourage" you, you're losing pixels for inactivity.

See 

Admin for GameDev.net.

2 hours ago, samoth said:

An ill-advised attempt, in my opinon.

Why?

(I've yet to form a view / I'll wait to see how they work in practice)

Things could be spiced up by allowing people to use the pixels for something; that would turn it into a currency.

The thing with currency is that no matter how worthless, or how silly the things are that you can buy with it, people tend to want it.

Why not add some extra smiley faces, that can only be used at the cost of pixels. That should increase the desire for pixels.;)

It was one of Adam Sandler’s better films, but it still wasn’t that great of a movie… ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

39 minutes ago, Scouting Ninja said:

Things could be spiced up by allowing people to use the pixels for something; that would turn it into a currency.

The thing with currency is that no matter how worthless, or how silly the things are that you can buy with it, people tend to want it.

Shhhh.. 

But really, glad you're thinking ahead. We aren't going to rush implementing the pixels, and in the near term expect them to be a way to reflect activity, but we do have some cool plans for them. :) 

Admin for GameDev.net.

Yeah, enough pixels let you build your custom avatar from it :)

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement