• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

  • Popular Now

  • Advertisement
  • Similar Content

    • By ThunderTwonk
      Hello everyone, I am working on a game idea and since I am still in the process of learning C# and the features available in unity I was hoping some of you might be able to offer me a little insight on things in general for getting started.
      I guess the basic components of what I'm wanting to create would be a Multi-levels management/city builder/rpg.
      The goal is to provide a framework for players to interact with, build in and affect the world both from a 3rd person action RPG as well as a zoomed out 4x style view (This would be something unlocked through gameplay)
       
      As for my questions go I was wondering if anyone had resources that could help me learn.  I've been on youtube as well as enrolled in an online course for basic unity and C# and will continue those but if anyone has any words of advice, a place that has good information and tutorials etc.
       
      Thanks for your time.
    • By Cahit Karahan

       
      Hi, I'm new in this forum. It is honorable to see such communities exist. I would like to share my new game. I did for android with unity. I know the game is a little awkward , but you have to know that this game is from the time when Unity's name is Unity3D  I have made my first game when I was 12. Now I am 22.  I have taken a lot of experience in this process and I can make better games nowadays. I have published this game nowadays but actually this game is very old but also it is very special for me :))
      I have just wanted to retouch and share this game, because it has a very important place for me.
       
      DESCRIPTION FROM GOOGLE PLAY STORE

      It's a special free 3D horror adventure action game for the halloween. Fun with scary sound effects and musics, 3D realistic graphics, you will feel the horror in the deep of your heart. Use your reflex. Totally free adventure. Totally scary horror game. 

      Tamarra, she is a beast from our world. She needs to consume souls from innocent people to stay alive. Story begins, the old Elaris tribe had lost their everything because of this beast who lived in the well. Araknas was the most powerful warrior of the tribe. One day, Araknas's mother was killed by the servant beasts of Tamarra. That's how Araknas's journey to the well begins. Tamara's well is guarded by horrible beasts. Araknas has to pass all servant beasts until he reaches Tamarra.

      Even death at the end is worth the revenge. 
      Are you brave enough to jump into Tamarra's well?

      Survive from witch attacks, clown attacks and many scary creature.

      - Realistic 3D graphics.
      - Scary sounds.
      - Scary musics.
      - Best experience with headphones.
      - A demon cage where you can imprison all the demons one by one
      - The witches do not like help, but they love blood stone. Witch store where you can develop your abilities and get new abilities.
      - Countless beasts.
      - At the end of the well there is a hidden surprise for you.

      *We do not recommend this game to people with clown phobia, spider phobia, or panic attacks.*

      **!!!**Note : This game is an early-access game, we are upgrading new features every day, new beasts, new improvements, as an example online 1vs1 fall on the list, so stay on connect and follow Halloween : Horror Well on Google Play.**!!!**

    • By INFRA
      SCAN. DRILL. SURVIVE.   ISOLATED Release in May 1st 2018   https://store.steampowered.com/app/805950/Isolated/   A game by Jérémie Bertrand Music & Sound Design by Pierrick Querolle *** Our solar system has been invaded by strangers. For the purpose of a possible negotiation, a team of astronauts is sent to the moon. Alas, they are shot before even arriving on the scene. Only one astronaut survives the crash and his only goal will be to go home...   GAMEPLAY   Shoot enemy ships to avoid being invaded. Be precise in your movements, because it's better to lose a bit of life at the top than to lose it all at the bottom. Take out your drill to destroy the stones in your path. Validate your identity to cross the different laboratories. Reach the flag before losing your three lives.   And all that... at the same time! Will you be able to go home? If the answer is yes, how long will it take?
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Recommended Posts

Advertisement

Start simple, make a monster that exists (and does nothing).

Then gradually expand things in small steps:

- let it walk around randomly

- let it detect the player nearby

- let the player know the monster found him/her (or maybe not, if you want to surprise the player)

- pop up in front of the player (or whatever it should do to scare you).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alberth said:

Start simple, make a monster that exists (and does nothing).

Then gradually expand things in small steps:

- let it walk around randomly

- let it detect the player nearby

- let the player know the monster found him/her (or maybe not, if you want to surprise the player)

- pop up in front of the player (or whatever it should do to scare you).

Yeh thats the thing you see im having trouble with the script to make it walk around randomly and making a jumpscare but i guess thats a whole other thing to work out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, KnowItAllGames said:

Yeh thats the thing you see im having trouble with the script to make it walk around randomly and making a jumpscare but i guess thats a whole other thing to work out

Walking is easy. If you use Unity then use a script to transform the location.

Next you should place waypoints on a level map, then by moving the monster using a script you target the waypoints. If it's a strait path then there will be no need for complex collision detection.

If you want more complex movement you need to read up on path finding. For your game the simple strait move will be enough.

Edited by Scouting Ninja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Scouting Ninja said:

Walking is easy. If you use Unity then use a script to transform the location.

Next you should place waypoints on a level map, then by moving the monster using a script you target the waypoints. If it's a strait path then there will be no need for complex collision detection.

If you want more complex movement you need to read up on path finding. For your game the simple strait move will be enough.

You see its set in a forest and i would like my monster to just wander the forest aimlessly until it gets in range of the player(Its not a huge forest)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check the Unity NavMesh for this, remember that when you downloaded Unity it also downloaded the manual and scripting guide. All these things you are looking for is explain in there; keep them open at all times while working with Unity.

 

Now when it comes to navigation meshes Unity is limited, however it has all you will need for a game like yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have any code to show? Well, first thing did you do pathfinding? It will follow a path and you randomly generate a number for the path you want him to choose, if it see the player then you can make it automatically run to him or jump scare him or you can generate(again) a random number to tell if it has seen the player. If your code doesn't work I can fix it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Binkiklou said:

Do you have any code to show? Well, first thing did you do pathfinding? It will follow a path and you randomly generate a number for the path you want him to choose, if it see the player then you can make it automatically run to him or jump scare him or you can generate(again) a random number to tell if it has seen the player. If your code doesn't work I can fix it. 

I've actually just created the NavMesh but im not sure how i get my creature to roam the NavMesh do you think you could help?

also what kind of code would you like me to show you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KnowItAllGames said:

I've actually just created the NavMesh but im not sure how i get my creature to roam the NavMesh do you think you could help?

also what kind of code would you like me to show you?

Do you have code that you try to make it work? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Advertisement