• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Revengestar, a new 2d space shooter from Playniax

Hi guys!

Here is a new game from us called Revengestar

You can  get it here

I hope you like it!

This is the Windows version but Mac, iOS and Android are coming soon!

Cheers!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By Swift Katana Studios
      Do YOU play Horror Games; if so WHAT is your favourite and WHY?
      Hello! I want to develop a Horror Game for PC and Consoles, however, I need to understand WHY people enjoy playing Horror Games. 
      Here's a list of Questions:
      What's your favourite Horror Game and Why? What environment scares YOU the most? What Creature/ Enemy scares YOU the most? Do YOU like Maze's/ Labyrinths?  Do you enjoy Puzzles/ Riddles? Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read this topic, I appreciate it!

• By MochiArtist
       draw stuff like this 

Okay, so I am an artist and have been for 6 years. However, I struggle to write code. I'd like to make a small demo of a game I'd like to make one day. If your willing to help it'd be much appreciated. so here is the concept: it's a survival game that involves cute characters that are mochi. 
      Mochi Universe
      Draft version 0.01 (24 December, 2015)

Concept
      The game concept revolves around city building and exploration. The target audience will be age 9+ (most likely because of the possibility of fighting). The cute graphics should appeal to all audiences male and female. The gameplay includes elements of real-time strategy games (such as warcraft ) with faster paced action (such as clash of clans). In order to build your city, you will need to explore the surrounding environment and collect items (such as in minecraft). The gameplay will less intense than warcraft and clash of clans, so the focus will be more on casual gamers than hardcore gamers.
    • By Fleshbits
      Back around 2006 I spent a good year or two reading books, articles on this site, and gobbling up everything game dev related I could. I started an engine in DX10 and got through basics. I eventually gave up, because I couldn't do the harder things.
      Now, my C++ is 12 years stronger, my mind is trained better, and I am thinking of giving it another go.
      Alot has changed. There is no more SDK, there is evidently a DX Toolkit, XNA died, all the sweet sites I used to go to are 404, and google searches all point to Unity and Unreal.
      I plainly don't like Unity or Unreal, but might learn them for reference.
      So, what is the current path? Does everyone pretty much use the DX Toolkit? Should I start there? I also read that DX12 is just expert level DX11, so I guess I am going DX 11.
      Is there a current and up to date list of learning resources anywhere?  I am about tired of 404s..

• By Dave Haylett
      Hi all. My project is coming along wonderfully, and am starting to consider alpha deployment, and would like your advice.
      My project need access to 10,000 small PNG image files at runtime, each is only a few kilobytes each, which during development I used to load in directly from a fixed path on my HDD whenever one was needed (obviously not a solution for go-live), using something like this:
      img = new WriteableBitmap(new BitmapImage(new Uri(@screenshotsPath + filename)));
      The image would then be blitted onto a buffer screen, etc. etc. At a time, a few dozen would be being used.
      Now I'm thinking about deployment, and also when I produce an update to my app, there could be more images to add to the folders. So I'm considering the best way of a) deploying the images to the user as part of the project, and b) how to most easily handle updates to the app, whereby more images will be added.
      I have just experimented with adding them all as a Resource (!). This inflated the exe from 10mb to 100mb (not a major problem), increased the compile time from 3 secs to 30 secs (annoying), increased RAM usage from 500mb to 1.5gb (not a major problem either), but means that it solves my fixed directory issue, distribution issue, and update issue, simply by having the files all stuck into the executable. Here's the new code I'm using:
      img = BitmapFactory.FromResource("Shots/" + filename);
      The next thing I was going to try was to mark them as Content > Copy if Newer. This would resolve the executable size and RAM usage (and also the directory issue as well), however it seems that I'd need to highlight them all, and move them from Resource to Content. As an up-front job this isn't too bad, but as I add new images to the project, I'll need to go in and do this every time, which gets annoying, as the VS2015 default is Resource. Also, I'm not sure how this would work in terms of updates. Would something like ClickOnce deployment recognise new PNGs and install them to the users?

I also have 3,000 ZIP files (~500kb each) which also need deploying and updating in the same way. These are currently read directly from my HDD until I can find a permanent solution for adding these to the project as well.
      Can anyone thing of a better way of doing what I'm trying to achieve?
      Thanks for any help folks.

• By steve negrin
      hello, i'm steve and im designer, i can design any idea and i'm looking for projects to help, if you are interesting write and we can talk about it
  • Advertisement