Sign in to follow this  

OpenGL ES some triangles flickering using OpenGL ES 2.0

hi all,

I have encountered a problem :
I draw a mount of triangles using OpenGL ES 2.0. Triangles drawn at the back, seem show in frames, then disappear in next frames, and then show again.

A friend told me that it’s because ParamBufferSize in powervr.ini is not enough. I googled parameter buffer, but still have no idea why this happens.

Is this because of the small ParamBufferSize?

Should I cut down the size of VBO? or DrawCall?

Thanks,

58 minutes ago, _Silence_ said:

It might be a depth issue. What projection matrix do you use ? How far are these triangles from the view point ?

Any errors reported by GLES maybe ?

hi _Silence_,

Thanks

The GL_DEPTH_TEST is disabled.

I have tried glGetError(), and it always return GL_NO_ERROR.

Since you don't have any GL errors, you most probably don't exceed any max elements in the vertex arrays or size in the buffers.

I could find that reducing the chunks could help someone (see here). This would look weird to me, just like a broken GL implementation since you seem not to have any errors reported.

If this does not solve your problem, the issue can still come from many other things. And I advise to put far more information, and maybe some code (a little demo that reproduces the issue would also help, people could test it and check if they have the same problem).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By radek spam
      Hi,
      I would like to create a province map, something like in attached example of Age Of Conquest. I would like to use Libgdx.
      After some research i learnt that it can be done by using two images, one with graphics and second invisible with distinct colors to handle clicks.
      I have some doubts about this method:
      how to deal with memory, i have created sample map with size of 960x540 and it weighs 600kb, i would need 10 times bigger map. I could cut it in some smaller pieces and render them but im afraid that it can cause lags when scrolling the map how to deal with highlighting the provinces. I managed to implement simple highlight limited to one province creating filter in OpenGl fragment shader. But what if i want to highlight multiple provinces (eg. highlight all provinces of some country). I guess It can be done by shader too but it may be much complicated i would like to also implement Fog of War over the undiscovered provinces. How one could do that? I would really appreciate your guidance. Perhaps to create the above map i need some other method?

• By lawnjelly
      I'm interested in rendering a grayscale output from a shader, to save into a texture for later use. I only want an 1 channel 8 bit texture rather than RGBA, to save memory etc.
      I can think of a number of possible ways of doing this in OpenGL off the top of my head, just wondering what you guys think is the best / easiest / most compatible way, before I dive into coding? This has to work on old android OpenGL ES2 phones / tablets etc, so nothing too funky.
      Is there some way of rendering to a normal RGBA frame buffer, then using glCopyTexSubImage2D or similar to copy + translate the RGBA to a grayscale texture? This would seem the most obvious, and the docs kind of suggest it might work. Creating an 8 bit framebuffer. If this is possible / a good option? Rendering out RGBA, using glReadPixels, translating on the CPU to grayscale then reuploading as a fresh texture. Slow and horrible but this is a preprocess, and would be a good option is this is more guaranteed to work than other methods.
    • By lawnjelly
      Am currently debugging compatibility issues with my OpenGL ES 2.0 shaders across several different Android devices.
      One of the biggest problems I'm finding is how the different precisions in GLSL (lowp, mediump, highp) equate to actual precisions in the hardware. To that end I've been using glGetShaderPrecisionFormat to get the log2 of each precision for vertex and fragment shaders, and outputting this in-game to the game screen.
      On my PC the precision is coming back as 23, 23, 23 for all 3 (lo, medium, high), running under linux natively, or the Android Studio emulator. On my tablet, it is 23, 23, 23 also. On my phone it comes back with 8, 10, 23. If I get a precision issue on the phone I can always bump it up to the next level to cure it. However, the fun comes on my android TV box (Amlogic S905X) which seems to only support 10, 10, 0 for fragment shaders. That is, it doesn't even support high precision in fragment shaders.
      However being the only device with this problem it is incredibly difficult to debug the shaders, as I can't attach it via USB (unless I can get it connected via the LAN which I haven't tried yet). I'm having to compile the APK, put it on a usb stick, take into the other room, install and run. Which is ridiculous.
      My question is what method do other people use to debug these precision issues? Is there a way to get the emulator to emulate having rubbish precision? That would seem the most convenient solution (and if not, why haven't they implemented this?). Other than that it seems like I need to buy some old phones / tablets off Ebay, or 'downgrade' the precision in the shader (to mediump) and debug it on my phone...

• By ORmorni
      I am working on a multiplayer Android game using OpenGL ES in Android Studio. The game is planned as a 2d top-down shooter, in which the players survive while defeating waves of enemies. Coordination between the players is required to defeat the enemies, due to the enemy design - for an example, some enemies can be seen only by the player they target, and must be killed by others.
      I have already implemented basic menus and mechanics for the game, and am currently searching for a 2d artist to create graphics for the game.
      I can be contacted at ron_solan@walla.com
    • By hiya83
      (Posted this in graphics forum too, which was perhaps the wrong forum for it)
      Hey, I was wondering if on mobile development (Android mainly but iOS as well if you know of it), if there is a GPUView equivalent for whole system debugging so we can figure out if the CPU/GPU are being pipelined efficiently, if there are bubbles, etc. Also slightly tangent question, but do mobile GPU's have a DMA engine exposed as a dedicated Transfer Queue for Vulkan?
      Thanks!
  • Popular Now