• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

More License Options for YoYo Games GameMaker Studio 2

YoYo Games is expanding the ways in which professional developers can get their hands on GameMaker Studio 2. The engine is now available as a console-only license and an all-in-one Ultimate license. Both the Console and Ultimate versions require users to be officially registered developers on all platforms for which they wish to useGameMaker Studio 2.

Console

Developers also now have the option to purchase a console-only license, which includes:

• A straightforward way to access powerful development tools for either PlayStation 4 or Xbox One;
  • Provides the exact same game-engine functionality as the Ultimate version;
  • Can be purchased for $799.99 per seat for a one-year license.

Ultimate

• Videogame developers looking for a one-stop-shop route can now purchase the GameMaker Studio 2 Ultimate license, which allows:
  • Cross-platform development for all supported platforms, including PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android and more;
  • Admittance to all of GameMaker Studio 2's well-regarded support platforms and communities;
  • Can be purchased for $1,500 per seat for a one-year license.

"YoYo Games is a huge proponent of spreading the joy of game development to as many people as possible, as efficiently as possible," said James Cox, General Manager of YoYo Games. "Based on our experience, one of the best ways to do this is by giving our users many options for purchasing a game engine, each tailored for a certain situation – the Console and Ultimate versions help do exactly that."

News of the Console and Ultimate versions come on the same day that YoYo Games is implementing the latest update to GameMaker Studio 2. Version 2.0.7 brings highly requested IDE features and fixes including:

• New image editor tools such as Blur and Reverse Frames;
  • Rewrite of the engine’s start page for a better experience;
  • HTML5 updates and bug fixes.

To see a full list of changes coming to GameMaker Studio 2.0.7, please visit https://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/releasenotes.

For more information on how to purchase the Console, Ultimate or any other version of GameMaker Studio 2, head to https://www.yoyogames.com/get.

View full story

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By Ahrakeen
      PRogrammer needed, for either game maker or unreal.
      Need help putting together a turn based strategic combat system ala disgaea or trouble shooters.
      Also to help with user interface menus and world map

We are putting together a game project over several chapters we got the graphics and design mostly done for the prologue but will need the code to make it work ultimately
    • By get the f***ing pillow man
      Hello everybody, i'm working on a RPG game in GameMaker Studio, and as a beginner yea still gotta learn a lot. Created the sprites(for the player and its animations), Background for a room(some basic grass), and the objects for some basic walls and the player(included collisions, move, animate, speed etc). But what I'm hoping for is a turn-based fight systems. So when I collide with an object, it will enter the turn-based fight system. How do I do that? Seems kinda hard, and there are unclear tutorials on how to do it. So may someone explain be how to do it? Step by step, or if not, just some links where to learn some stuff so maybe I'll do it by myself. THANKS 
    • By get the f***ing pillow man
      Hi guys, I'm actually creating an RPG game by myself, a complete n00b, but the game is actually not that bad. I made sprites and animations, Backgrounds, a testing room and some code. And was just thinking 'bout getting more into game development so I may increase my game development skills. The game is actually based on Adventure Time, I named it "Adventure Time: Dimensional War". Still gotta create it's story, add dialogue boxes, hitboxes, enemies, turn-based fight systems etc. So I thought that maybe this joining this kind of forums will help. 
      Right now I just need to learn how to make some enemies objects to follow me, attack me, and animate. I want to animate them just the way the player gets animated (up, down, right, left) So may someone tell me how to do it? 

• By Atwo Studios
      Hey guys, It Anthony from Atwo Studios bring you another game update for our game ROY. This past week we worked on fixing scaling issues for our game and in the video below i will be talking about the tutorial for our game, which we will be working on this week. 
      In-case you haven't watched the previous video where i explain the overall game, our game ROY is a color combination game targeted for android which uses your basic color combinations to traverse through our different levels and beat the different goals of that level. That video can be found on our website @ atwostudios.com or on our youtube @ Atwo Studios.
      Feel free to leave any comments or suggestions on our game, and Thank you for taking the time to read the blurb about the game and watch the video!
      If you don't want to check the video out, you don't have to but its very much appreciated!

• By Tiny Giraffe
      Hello, I'm an aspiring game designer and doing a research paper on being a game designer for high school. Part of doing this project is getting an interview from an active game designer. I was hoping someone could help me with this, If you're interested in helping me that would be great! I just need you to answer these 5 questions.
      What experience might you need for this job?    What experience might you get from this job?      What are the Hours like for this Career?   Is there anything extra that you would recommend to learn in order to get better at this job or something to learn before going to college?    Is there anything you know now that you wish you knew when starting out?   If anyone could help that would be fantastic
  • Advertisement