Sign in to follow this  
CoronaRob

Corona Enterprise is now free

CoronaRob    111

Corona Labs has announced a big change with their 2D engine: Corona Enterprise, the native-extensions product is now free. 

Starting today, developers can get a combined package that includes the standard Simulator-based product and the native-based product (formerly Corona Enterprise). And naturally, the next public release of Corona will also be a similar combined product.

Don't know about Corona? From their website:

Corona is a free, cross-platform framework ideal for creating games and apps for mobile devices and desktop systems. Using the powerful but easy-to-learn Lua scripting language, over 1000 built-in APIs, a vast selection of plugins, and Corona Native extensions (C/C++/Obj-C/Java), you can bring your app dreams to reality. You can even monitor projects instantly on multiple devices using Live Builds. 

Read more at: https://coronalabs.com/blog/2017/06/21/welcome-to-the-new-corona/

View full story

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By ilovegames
      Arcade game in black and white style. In it you will need to drive a motorcycle through a variety of challenging trails. Come accessible trails and open new ones. All in the game of their 21 game features realistic physics, and you will need to acquire the skill that would deal with it.
      Download https://falcoware.com/LostTrack.php

• By Outliner
      In ordinary marching squares, we're trying to find isolines on a height map for some particular height. It's a delightfully simple algorithm because we can use a look-up table to determine the structure of edges and vertices within each grid cell based on whether each corner is above or below the desired height.
      In multi-material marching squares, each point on the grid has some proportion of several materials and we're trying to draw the boundaries between the areas where each material is dominant. This is less simple, since there are more than two options for each corner of each cell; at worst each corner could have a distinct dominant material. Even so, it's not too hard to approach this problem with a look-up table based on the corners of each cell.
      Finally, we have constrained multi-material marching squares, which is much like other constrained triangulation problems. In addition to the multi-material grid, we now have pre-defined boundary edges in some of the grid cells, and the multi-material marching squares must respect those pre-defined edges as if they accurately represent the boundary between two materials. I'm finding it hard to wrap my head around this problem. It seems that a look-up table will be of no use because the pre-defined edges create too many possibilities, even if those edges are restricted to the kinds of edges that marching square would naturally produce, but doing this without a look-up table also seems daunting.
      Motivation: In principle the goal seems quite simple. Take a 2D grid and use it to define terrain as a height map and as a material map that will form the foundation for a procedurally constructed mesh. Aside from the usual hills and valleys of a plain height map, the multi-material aspect of the grid allows us to define swamp, forest, desert regions on the map and apply particular procedural meshing for each. In addition to that, we want vertical cliffs that get their own special meshing and define the region boundaries. The cliffs are the constraints of constrained multi-material marching squares because when there is a cliff running through a grid cell, that should always act as the boundary if the material at the top of the cliff is different from the material at the bottom, even if marching squares would have naturally put the boundary somewhere else.
    • By RubenRS
      How do i open an image to use it as Texture2D information without D3DX11CreateShaderResourceViewFromFile? And how it works for different formats like (JPG, PNG, BMP, DDS,  etc.)?
      I have an (512 x 512) image with font letters, also i have the position and texcoord of every letter. The main idea is that i want to obtain the image pixel info, use the position and texcoords to create a new texture with one letter and render it. Or am I wrong in something?
    • By SweetestDownfall
      Hi!

So, I want to make a side-scroller game, the Super Mario kind. I have made some simple games before using Java, and Javascript(Tetris, Snake). But let's pretend that I haven't because I earnestly feel as if though the best thing I could do is just start from Scratch; with the game developing that is, I already know intermediate Java, Javascript, and C++. I know there's a lot of tutorials out there, but I honestly think that a lot of them suck. There's also tutorials that use libraries and Game engines like Unity, etc. I don't want that. I want it completely from scratch. So, what I'm asking is:
      1. What programming language do I ought to use for this?
      and
      2. Where would I go on about learning how to develop that sort of game without the use of libraries/Game engines?
    • By Ivanotus
      Hi, I'm the director of "Project Sentinels".
      Our game will be a 2D top-down view Action-RPG, made with Game Maker, with influences from Zelda, Dark Souls, Monster Hunter and The Witcher.
      We're actively looking for hobbyist 2D artists (ideally two) that will be tasked with the creation of the sprites and mapping for our game. The style of the art isn't fixed yet and can be talked about.
      The game, as of right now, is nothing but a good bunch of documentation and ideas waiting to be put into practice. The main story and characters, the world background and lore and game mechanics (combat, dialogues and others) are already written down.
      Synopsis:
      For the moment, there's no money involved. We're all students that use some of our free time to work on a videogame. We'll try to crowdfund our game in the future, and the money that will be potentially earned will be equally shared.
      If you're interested, send me a PM or add me in Discord (Ivanotus#0984) and there I'll answer any question you may have.

• Popular Now