• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[Rev-share]Assistant Art Team Director

DESCRIPTION

The team is in need of an assistant Art Team Director that will assist the Project Lead and Art Director in the development of the game. The position does require you to have knowledge of the Unity Game Engine, 3D asset creation software, and a desire for project management.

The INT team is a large, international team, focused on the development of a core demo which will showcase RPG elements and core features for fundraising and investors. We are a friendly and passionate bunch and hope you will apply soon to be part of our team. Please review the job requirements and responsibilities below.

61a53e390c83110776925235533bd32f.jpg

Starboard Games LLC is looking for a highly professional, qualified, indie team developer to join our ambitious INT project.

As the INT Assistant Art Team Director you will report directly to the Project Lead and Art Lead. In the occurrence of an emergency you would become the acting Art Lead. The position does require a knowledge of the Unity game engine. This is because we would like our Assistant Art Team Director to have a knowledge of the game engine, and the ability to create scenes to showcase assets.

Furthermore, you would need to be able to create assets for the core demo in a 3D modeling suite. Many of our artists use blender, but if you have a commercial license for another program then that would be acceptable as well. You will also need to possess team management abilities. This means you will be reviewing 3D artist work, 3D artist samples and test submissions, 2D concepts, and possess an understanding of the ‘big picture’ for INT which will be shared with you by our store, lore, and Project Directors.

Responsibilities:

1. Report to Art and Project Lead.
2. Act as Acting Art Lead in the event of an emergency.
3. Ability to think creatively.
4. Ability to communicate effectively and work with other team leads.
5. Desire to see the project through to completion.

REQUIREMENTS

1. Knowledge of the Unity Game Engine.
2. Experience using Unity.
3. Experience using 3D asset creation suites.
4. Experience managing a team or being part of a team environment.
5. Must be able to take feedback constructively.
6. Must be able to interpret and decipher maps and notes.
7. Must be able to work from 2D art.
8. Commitment to the Project and the ability to spend large chunks of time working towards the completion of the project.

BENEFITS

We offer revenue-sharing generated from crowd-funding to team members who maintain consistent communication on company projects and meet Starboard Games deadlines. Currently we are unable to offer wages or per-item payments. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time! We look forward to hearing from you!

TO APPLY

Please send your CV/Resume, as well as (the link to) your portfolio to: JohnHR@int-game.net.

Kindest regards,

John Shen
HR Lead
Starboard Games LLC

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By DustyEffsky
      TL;DR:  zombie shooter game, looking for UE4 Coder and writer
      Cold Comfort is an asymmetrical Multiplayer Zombie Tactical Shooter (MZTS?!) with a focus on co-op and environmental destruction. (Currently under development)
      I started this project two years ago on my own, and in the last 6 months I've been getting more people involved in the project. Presently there are 20 of us! As most of the team is spread out across the globe, we do the majority of our collaboration online on Discord.
      This is a deferred payment project. We use HackNPlan to organize the project and to log hours, which will be paid out once the game has been released.
      We are planning on doing a Kickstarter the first half of this year and hopefully release the game in 2019..
      We are in need of:
      - a UE4 Coder
      - an author ( for the audio script, and lore)
      . VFX Artist
      More info on the project can be found on our website and on our community discord channel. 

Interested? PM me for details! 

• By stream775
      Hello!
                I wrote a simple bones system that renders a 3D model with bones using software vertex processing. The model is loaded perfectly, but I can't see any colors on it. For illustration, you can see the 3D lines list, the bones ( 32 bones ) are in correct position ( bind pose ).

Now, here's the problem. When I try to render the mesh with transformations applied then I see this:
      As you can see the 3D lines are disappearing, I'm guessing the model is rendered, but the colors are not visible for whatever reason. I tried moving my camera around the line list, but all I can see is some lines disappearing due to the black color of vertices? I'm not loading any textures, am I suppose to load them?
      However, if I render the vertices without applying ANY bone transformations, then I can see it, but it's a mess, obviously. If you're wondering why it's red, I have set color of these vertices ( only half of them ) to red and the rest half is white.
      First of all, my apologies for the messy code, but here it is:
      I'm not sure if vertices are suppose to have weights in them for software vertex processing. I'm storing them in a container, so you don't see them here.
      #define CUSTOMFVF ( D3DFVF_XYZ | D3DFVF_NORMAL | D3DFVF_DIFFUSE ) struct CUSTOMVERTEX { D3DXVECTOR3 Position; D3DXVECTOR3 Normal; DWORD Color; }; This is how I store the vertices in container and give them red and white color:
      This is how I create the device:
      For every frame:
      This is the UpdateSkinnedMesh method:
      I have debugged bone weights and bone indices. They are okay. Bone weights add up to 1.0f, so I'm really wondering why I can't see the model with colors on it?
    • By i3di
      Game Title:  Heroes and Legend
      Type: RPG + Online
      Description:
      Heroes and Legends is a role playing game similar to AD&D style play.  This game features real time and turn based combat.

Requirements:

Blender, C++, Unreal, Git, yEd

Looking For:
      3D Modelers and 2D Artists

Being part of this project you will get access to unlimited books, pluralsight, and be part of a permanent team.  There are royalties and a contract ensuring partnership and pay.
    • By MrAkroMenToS
      Hey guys!
      When getting damaged (or healed) there is usually a number that pops up or floats away showing the amount of damage you took (the heal you received).
      If you have shield mechanic, there is a number that says how much of your shield you lost and how much damage you took afterward.
      How would you go about designing feedback when you just flat out block the damage or some amount from it. Here is an example:
      You have 1 "block" and you take 1 damage, what should happen?
      Does a "-0" number pop up, because you took 0 damage or there should be no popup at all, because you blocked it or should there also be something to show the 1 damage blocked?
      Another example where you take 2 damage:
      Now the "-1" popup seems reasonable, but again there is the question of showing the blocked amount.
      If the player sees 3 damage coming should they be expected to calculate in their head that they took 2 damage because they had 1 "block", or should the game tell them that.
      One approach is (what I believe dota2 does with blocks) to show the amount blocked simultaneously with the damage popup, so there will be 2 numbers appearing at the same time (but there is still the 0 damage question).
      PS.: My question is more about dealing with small numbers (0-10)
      PS2.: The reason I'm asking this is because I am making an online CCG.
  • Advertisement