• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Kai Keeper
      I finished this game a while ago, now I'm trying to make an introduction video before I put it on Steam, looking for feedback.
      I have already got some feedback from other people, and this is what they felt or some of the things I think the video doesn't do a good job: 1. I don't understand the core concept of the game. I think another video that explains the core concept of this game would be better.
      2. I feel that the video was too long, it showed way too many features.
      If you feel the same way, please let me know. If you have any other suggestions/feedback please don't hold back.
    • By fgp069
      Hi there, this is my first time posting, but have been a long-time lurker in this community. I am currently developing a 3D game engine using a deferred renderer and OpenGL.
      I have successfully implemented recursive portals (and mirrors) in my engine utilizing the stencil buffer to mask out regions of the screen. This solution is very favorable as I am able to have dozens of separate views drawn at once without needing to worry about requiring multiple G-buffers for each individual (sub)view. I also benefit with being able to perform post processing effects over all views, only needing to apply them over what is visible (one pass per-section with stencil masking for no risk of overdraw).
      Now presently I am pondering ways of dealing with in-game camera displays (for an example think of the monitors from Half-Life 2). In the past I've handled these by rendering from the camera's perspective onto separate render target, and then in the final shading pass applying it as a texture. However I was greatly disappointed with the performance and the inability to combine with post-processing effects (or at least the way I do presently with portals). Another concern being that I wish to have scenes containing several unique camera screens at once (such as a security CCTV room), without needing to worry about the associated vram usage of having several G-Buffers.
      I wanted to ask more experienced members of this community if it would be possible to handle them in a similar fashion as I do with portals, but with the difference being for them to be transformed so they take on the appearance of a flat 2D surface. Would anybody with a more comprehensive understanding of matrix maths be able to tell me if this idea is feasible or not, and if so could come up with a possible solution?
      I hope all this makes enough sense. Any possible insight would be greatly appreciated!
    • By RoKabium Games
      While looking out for that pesky Terrator, our little alien is doing a bit of relaxed mining down on the new gas planet "Lelantos" this weekend.... 
      #gamedev #indiedev #madewithunity #screenshotsaturday
    • By vividgamer
      I have a native iOS game (objective c, XCode build) which I am considering to port to other platforms.
      Core gameplay is based on solely on geographical maps, and custom drawing over maps. It also has Core Data. This part is complete in development.
      What is not done yet is: monetization, gamification (leaderboards, challenges) and multiplayer functionality.
      As I think more about it, I am tempted to think if this is the right time to move to a cross platform tool such as Unity. But before dedicating time to port my 5 years side-project effort in Objective C, I really want to know if its worth it.
      - Does Unity support such plugins / assets that will fulfill all my above requirements?
      - Unity Personal seems to have only 20 concurrent users - is it too costly scaling if I decide for extending to web and android platforms?
      - What is the general workflow involved in publishing to iOS, Android, PC, and web platforms while using Unity? I mean to ask about various points of signing stuff, paying fees and getting certified.
      - How long will it really take to port my entire Objective C project into Unity? I am somewhat familiar with C# but I am finding it hard fidgeting with Unity IDE as lot of things are focused around FPS and 3D while my game is still 2d - not much action involved. I seem bit overwhelmed by the list of features I see there. All in all, I do not want to lose my momentum while still making sure its portable to everywhere.
      - Any assets I could use (for free to try basis in debug) that are relevant for my game?
      - Last but not the least, are there any costs that I need to be paying upfront to Unity, for using it (apart from their monthly subscription model)? I don't understand their costing for multiplayer in conjunction with their subscription fees - if someone could kindly elaborate.
      Thanks in advance for your time reading a newbie
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[Rev-share]Assistant Art Team Director

The team is in need of an assistant Art Team Director that will assist the Project Lead and Art Director in the development of the game. The position does require you to have knowledge of the Unity Game Engine, 3D asset creation software, and a desire for project management.

The INT team is a large, international team, focused on the development of a core demo which will showcase RPG elements and core features for fundraising and investors. We are a friendly and passionate bunch and hope you will apply soon to be part of our team. Please review the job requirements and responsibilities below.

Starboard Games LLC is looking for a highly professional, qualified, indie team developer to join our ambitious INT project.

As the INT Assistant Art Team Director you will report directly to the Project Lead and Art Lead. In the occurrence of an emergency you would become the acting Art Lead. The position does require a knowledge of the Unity game engine. This is because we would like our Assistant Art Team Director to have a knowledge of the game engine, and the ability to create scenes to showcase assets.

Furthermore, you would need to be able to create assets for the core demo in a 3D modeling suite. Many of our artists use blender, but if you have a commercial license for another program then that would be acceptable as well. You will also need to possess team management abilities. This means you will be reviewing 3D artist work, 3D artist samples and test submissions, 2D concepts, and possess an understanding of the ‘big picture’ for INT which will be shared with you by our store, lore, and Project Directors.

1. Report to Art and Project Lead.
2. Act as Acting Art Lead in the event of an emergency.
3. Ability to think creatively.
4. Ability to communicate effectively and work with other team leads.
5. Desire to see the project through to completion.

1. Knowledge of the Unity Game Engine.
2. Experience using Unity.
3. Experience using 3D asset creation suites.
4. Experience managing a team or being part of a team environment.
5. Must be able to take feedback constructively.
6. Must be able to interpret and decipher maps and notes.
7. Must be able to work from 2D art.
8. Commitment to the Project and the ability to spend large chunks of time working towards the completion of the project.

We offer revenue-sharing generated from crowd-funding to team members who maintain consistent communication on company projects and meet Starboard Games deadlines. Currently we are unable to offer wages or per-item payments. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time! We look forward to hearing from you!

Please send your CV/Resume, as well as (the link to) your portfolio to: JohnHR@int-game.net.

Kindest regards,

John Shen
HR Lead
Starboard Games LLC