• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By juicyz
      Hey all,
      I've been slowly working on my game called AotW for a while now.  I have come to the conclusions that it would be nice to cooperate with 1 or 2 others to help finish it.  Ive been trying to keep my GDD up to date with my ideas and development so that would give a better overview of the game when the time comes.  Currently I have a basic skeleton of the RPG elements needed but everything can still be discussed and talked about and we can transform my idea to something the group likes.
      The premise of the game is a Diablo-like procedurally generated map with RPG elements that include sockets, inventory, classes, abilities, crafting, loot, items, sockets, and enchanting.  This will be done in a 2D iso view as I can't do 3D art and I enjoy 2D games a lot.

I don't plan on releasing this as this is more of a hobby project for me and I have a full-time job.  Though I'd like to start putting more hours into development and having others definitely will be motivation.  I also want to be able to say I have finally "finished" a game idea to some degree.  If the time comes and we want to release it, then we can go ahead and do so but that's not my purpose or plan. 

Discord:
      Juicyz#3683

Thanks,
      Juicyz
    • By Ty Typhoon
      Before read everything i am honest:
      Payment after release you get your percentage lifetime for that project.

Second:
      i dont need your inspirations, ideas, music or designs.
      My head is full with that.
      I need workers who i can trust.

Please let us talk in discord.
      I got a lot of stuff planned, there is much work to do.

But first my team and me try to start with a small mini game and we need maybe exactly you.
      Planned for more than pc, like ps4, xbox one and mobile - so its very important to us to hopefully welcome a programmer.

The mini game will be part of the planned big game. There will be never before seen guns and gameplay, you will get deeper info if youre a safe part of the team.

I need:
      Programmers
      Animators
      Zbrush pros

Join here please:
      https://discord.gg/YtjE3sV

You find me here:
      Joerg Federmann Composing#2898

• By tj8146
      I am using immediate mode for OpenGL and I am creating a 2D top down car game. I am trying to configure my game loop in order to get my car-like physics working on a square shape. I have working code but it is not doing as I want it to. I am not sure as to whether it is my game loop that is incorrect or my code for the square is incorrect, or maybe both! Could someone help because I have been trying to work this out for over a day now
      I have attached my .cpp file if you wish to run it for yourself.. 
      WinMain code:
      /******************* WIN32 FUNCTIONS ***************************/ int WINAPI WinMain( HINSTANCE hInstance, // Instance HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, // Previous Instance LPSTR lpCmdLine, // Command Line Parameters int nCmdShow) // Window Show State { MSG msg; // Windows Message Structure bool done=false; // Bool Variable To Exit Loop Car car; car.x = 220; car.y = 140; car.dx = 0; car.dy = 0; car.ang = 0; AllocConsole(); FILE *stream; freopen_s(&stream, "CONOUT$", "w", stdout); // Create Our OpenGL Window if (!CreateGLWindow("OpenGL Win32 Example",screenWidth,screenHeight)) { return 0; // Quit If Window Was Not Created } while(!done) // Loop That Runs While done=FALSE { if (PeekMessage(&msg,NULL,0,0,PM_REMOVE)) // Is There A Message Waiting? { if (msg.message==WM_QUIT) // Have We Received A Quit Message? { done=true; // If So done=TRUE break; } else // If Not, Deal With Window Messages { TranslateMessage(&msg); // Translate The Message DispatchMessage(&msg); // Dispatch The Message } } else // If There Are No Messages { if(keys[VK_ESCAPE]) done = true; void processKeys(Car& car); //process keyboard while (game_is_running) { loops = 0; while (GetTickCount() > next_game_tick && loops < MAX_FRAMESKIP) { update(car); // update variables next_game_tick += SKIP_TICKS; loops++; } display(car); // Draw The Scene SwapBuffers(hDC); // Swap Buffers (Double Buffering) } } } // Shutdown KillGLWindow(); // Kill The Window return (int)(msg.wParam); // Exit The Program } //WIN32 Processes function - useful for responding to user inputs or other events. LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc( HWND hWnd, // Handle For This Window UINT uMsg, // Message For This Window WPARAM wParam, // Additional Message Information LPARAM lParam) // Additional Message Information { switch (uMsg) // Check For Windows Messages { case WM_CLOSE: // Did We Receive A Close Message? { PostQuitMessage(0); // Send A Quit Message return 0; // Jump Back } break; case WM_SIZE: // Resize The OpenGL Window { reshape(LOWORD(lParam),HIWORD(lParam)); // LoWord=Width, HiWord=Height return 0; // Jump Back } break; case WM_LBUTTONDOWN: { mouse_x = LOWORD(lParam); mouse_y = screenHeight - HIWORD(lParam); LeftPressed = true; } break; case WM_LBUTTONUP: { LeftPressed = false; } break; case WM_MOUSEMOVE: { mouse_x = LOWORD(lParam); mouse_y = screenHeight - HIWORD(lParam); } break; case WM_KEYDOWN: // Is A Key Being Held Down? { keys[wParam] = true; // If So, Mark It As TRUE return 0; // Jump Back } break; case WM_KEYUP: // Has A Key Been Released? { keys[wParam] = false; // If So, Mark It As FALSE return 0; // Jump Back } break; } // Pass All Unhandled Messages To DefWindowProc return DefWindowProc(hWnd,uMsg,wParam,lParam); }  
      C++ and OpenGL code:
      int mouse_x=0, mouse_y=0; bool LeftPressed = false; int screenWidth=1080, screenHeight=960; bool keys[256]; float radiansFromDegrees(float deg) { return deg * (M_PI / 180.0f); } float degreesFromRadians(float rad) { return rad / (M_PI / 180.0f); } bool game_is_running = true; const int TICKS_PER_SECOND = 50; const int SKIP_TICKS = 1000 / TICKS_PER_SECOND; const int MAX_FRAMESKIP = 10; DWORD next_game_tick = GetTickCount(); int loops; typedef struct { float x, y; float dx, dy; float ang; }Car; //OPENGL FUNCTION PROTOTYPES void display(const Car& car); //called in winmain to draw everything to the screen void reshape(int width, int height); //called when the window is resized void init(); //called in winmain when the program starts. void processKeys(Car& car); //called in winmain to process keyboard input void update(Car& car); //called in winmain to update variables /************* START OF OPENGL FUNCTIONS ****************/ void display(const Car& car) { const float w = 50.0f; const float h = 50.0f; glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT); glLoadIdentity(); glTranslatef(100, 100, 0); glBegin(GL_POLYGON); glVertex2f(car.x, car.y); glVertex2f(car.x + w, car.y); glVertex2f(car.x + w, car.y + h); glVertex2f(car.x, car.y + h); glEnd(); glFlush(); } void reshape(int width, int height) // Resize the OpenGL window { screenWidth = width; screenHeight = height; // to ensure the mouse coordinates match // we will use these values to set the coordinate system glViewport(0, 0, width, height); // Reset the current viewport glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); // select the projection matrix stack glLoadIdentity(); // reset the top of the projection matrix to an identity matrix gluOrtho2D(0, screenWidth, 0, screenHeight); // set the coordinate system for the window glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); // Select the modelview matrix stack glLoadIdentity(); // Reset the top of the modelview matrix to an identity matrix } void init() { glClearColor(1.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0); //sets the clear colour to yellow //glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT) in the display function //will clear the buffer to this colour. } void processKeys(Car& car) { if (keys[VK_UP]) { float cdx = sinf(radiansFromDegrees(car.ang)); float cdy = -cosf(radiansFromDegrees(car.ang)); car.dx += cdx; car.dy += cdy; } if (keys[VK_DOWN]) { float cdx = sinf(radiansFromDegrees(car.ang)); float cdy = -cosf(radiansFromDegrees(car.ang)); car.dx += -cdx; car.dy += -cdy; } if (keys[VK_LEFT]) { car.ang -= 2; } if (keys[VK_RIGHT]) { car.ang += 2; } } void update(Car& car) { car.x += car.dx*next_game_tick; }  
      game.cpp
    • By tj8146
      I am using immediate mode for OpenGL and I am creating a 2D top down car game. I am trying to configure my game loop in order to get my car-like physics working on a square shape. I have working code but it is not doing as I want it to. I am not sure as to whether it is my game loop that is incorrect or my code for the square is incorrect, or maybe both! Could someone help because I have been trying to work this out for over a day now
      I have attached my .cpp file if you wish to run it for yourself.. 

This is my C++ and OpenGL code:
      int mouse_x=0, mouse_y=0; bool LeftPressed = false; int screenWidth=1080, screenHeight=960; bool keys[256]; float radiansFromDegrees(float deg) { return deg * (M_PI / 180.0f); } float degreesFromRadians(float rad) { return rad / (M_PI / 180.0f); } bool game_is_running = true; const int TICKS_PER_SECOND = 50; const int SKIP_TICKS = 1000 / TICKS_PER_SECOND; const int MAX_FRAMESKIP = 10; DWORD next_game_tick = GetTickCount(); int loops; typedef struct { float x, y; float dx, dy; float ang; }Car; //OPENGL FUNCTION PROTOTYPES void display(const Car& car); //called in winmain to draw everything to the screen void reshape(int width, int height); //called when the window is resized void init(); //called in winmain when the program starts. void processKeys(Car& car); //called in winmain to process keyboard input void update(Car& car); //called in winmain to update variables /************* START OF OPENGL FUNCTIONS ****************/ void display(const Car& car) { const float w = 50.0f; const float h = 50.0f; glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT); glLoadIdentity(); glTranslatef(100, 100, 0); glBegin(GL_POLYGON); glVertex2f(car.x, car.y); glVertex2f(car.x + w, car.y); glVertex2f(car.x + w, car.y + h); glVertex2f(car.x, car.y + h); glEnd(); glFlush(); } void reshape(int width, int height) // Resize the OpenGL window { screenWidth = width; screenHeight = height; // to ensure the mouse coordinates match // we will use these values to set the coordinate system glViewport(0, 0, width, height); // Reset the current viewport glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); // select the projection matrix stack glLoadIdentity(); // reset the top of the projection matrix to an identity matrix gluOrtho2D(0, screenWidth, 0, screenHeight); // set the coordinate system for the window glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); // Select the modelview matrix stack glLoadIdentity(); // Reset the top of the modelview matrix to an identity matrix } void init() { glClearColor(1.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0); //sets the clear colour to yellow //glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT) in the display function //will clear the buffer to this colour. } void processKeys(Car& car) { if (keys[VK_UP]) { float cdx = sinf(radiansFromDegrees(car.ang)); float cdy = -cosf(radiansFromDegrees(car.ang)); car.dx += cdx; car.dy += cdy; } if (keys[VK_DOWN]) { float cdx = sinf(radiansFromDegrees(car.ang)); float cdy = -cosf(radiansFromDegrees(car.ang)); car.dx += -cdx; car.dy += -cdy; } if (keys[VK_LEFT]) { car.ang -= 2; } if (keys[VK_RIGHT]) { car.ang += 2; } } void update(Car& car) { car.x += car.dx*next_game_tick; } My WinMain code:
      /******************* WIN32 FUNCTIONS ***************************/ int WINAPI WinMain( HINSTANCE hInstance, // Instance HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, // Previous Instance LPSTR lpCmdLine, // Command Line Parameters int nCmdShow) // Window Show State { MSG msg; // Windows Message Structure bool done=false; // Bool Variable To Exit Loop Car car; car.x = 220; car.y = 140; car.dx = 0; car.dy = 0; car.ang = 0; AllocConsole(); FILE *stream; freopen_s(&stream, "CONOUT$", "w", stdout); // Create Our OpenGL Window if (!CreateGLWindow("OpenGL Win32 Example",screenWidth,screenHeight)) { return 0; // Quit If Window Was Not Created } while(!done) // Loop That Runs While done=FALSE { if (PeekMessage(&msg,NULL,0,0,PM_REMOVE)) // Is There A Message Waiting? { if (msg.message==WM_QUIT) // Have We Received A Quit Message? { done=true; // If So done=TRUE break; } else // If Not, Deal With Window Messages { TranslateMessage(&msg); // Translate The Message DispatchMessage(&msg); // Dispatch The Message } } else // If There Are No Messages { if(keys[VK_ESCAPE]) done = true; void processKeys(Car& car); //process keyboard while (game_is_running) { loops = 0; while (GetTickCount() > next_game_tick && loops < MAX_FRAMESKIP) { update(car); // update variables next_game_tick += SKIP_TICKS; loops++; } display(car); // Draw The Scene SwapBuffers(hDC); // Swap Buffers (Double Buffering) } } } // Shutdown KillGLWindow(); // Kill The Window return (int)(msg.wParam); // Exit The Program } //WIN32 Processes function - useful for responding to user inputs or other events. LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc( HWND hWnd, // Handle For This Window UINT uMsg, // Message For This Window WPARAM wParam, // Additional Message Information LPARAM lParam) // Additional Message Information { switch (uMsg) // Check For Windows Messages { case WM_CLOSE: // Did We Receive A Close Message? { PostQuitMessage(0); // Send A Quit Message return 0; // Jump Back } break; case WM_SIZE: // Resize The OpenGL Window { reshape(LOWORD(lParam),HIWORD(lParam)); // LoWord=Width, HiWord=Height return 0; // Jump Back } break; case WM_LBUTTONDOWN: { mouse_x = LOWORD(lParam); mouse_y = screenHeight - HIWORD(lParam); LeftPressed = true; } break; case WM_LBUTTONUP: { LeftPressed = false; } break; case WM_MOUSEMOVE: { mouse_x = LOWORD(lParam); mouse_y = screenHeight - HIWORD(lParam); } break; case WM_KEYDOWN: // Is A Key Being Held Down? { keys[wParam] = true; // If So, Mark It As TRUE return 0; // Jump Back } break; case WM_KEYUP: // Has A Key Been Released? { keys[wParam] = false; // If So, Mark It As FALSE return 0; // Jump Back } break; } // Pass All Unhandled Messages To DefWindowProc return DefWindowProc(hWnd,uMsg,wParam,lParam); }  
      game.cpp
    • By Arnold // Golden Donkey Productions
      Hi, I've been working on this issue for a while and haven't yet found an answer.
      Does anyone know the best way to convert unity's LAT & LONG into a vector 3 position that I could use in a virtual world (if it's even possible). 
      Thankyou in advance
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Visual Novel Engine

This is a Visual Novel Engine.

Its FREE.

It supports Android, Linux, and Windows. This engine allows you to create Visual Novels without programming knowledge.

visualnovelengine2.jpg

Its capable of north/east/south/west orientation, and have a simple bult-in battle system with 
attack, HP, and escape (teleport) system. The engine is capable of item handling and room teleporting.

To make a game, you have to do a directory for every room (map), then copy the background in, and 
create a text file to describe the room with text. You need an apk editor to change the files in the
Android package. By default, it contains a minigame to show you the things. 

-It supports the most common image and sound formats (jpg, png, wav, ogg). 

-room (map) based movement

-jpg and png backgrounds

-hero avatar

-It supports battle system with escape system (also good for creating custom dialogs) including HP management

-enemy avatar

-ogg and was music play as background music per rooms and battles

-teleportation

-item usage, and item existence based teleportation

-gameover/happy game-end

-linux, and windows executables

-android apk (you must edit the files into it),

-its free.

download: http://VisualNovelEngine.tk 

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement