I gave a talk on VR Design secrets

Started by
5 comments, last by slayemin 6 years, 9 months ago

I gave this talk yesterday evening at a VR meetup in Bellevue, Washington. It starts at about 3:00 min and runs for about 50 minutes.

I've also included my powerpoint slide deck in case anyone is interested in downloading it and following along.

Virtual_Reality_Design_Secrets.pptx

Advertisement

Nice talk! Could we help turn that deck into an article?

Admin for GameDev.net.

Really interesting, thanks for sharing! As Kevin said, we'd be happy to help with expanding on the slides to form an article if you're interested in publishing there.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Thanks for the warm encouragement for writing an article :)

I was looking through my article history and I found an article I wrote a while back which covers a lot of the same stuff and goes into a bit more depth:

It might be worthwhile to consider keeping it updated and adding enhancements over time, or to do a deep dive into a particular topic. It'd be nice to start a community knowledge sharing repo for all things related to VR development -- because there should be no secrets in this industry. Thoughts?

Ah yes, excellent!  Keeping that updated with anything new would be excellent - do you mind if I add your above video link at the bottom as a further reference!

Doing a deeper dive into a particular aspect would be excellent, if there's anything we can do to help you with that just let us know!  VR is still just getting established, so I think there's a lot for the wider community to gain by sharing any insights in to these topics.

- Jason Astle-Adams

10 hours ago, jbadams said:

Ah yes, excellent!  Keeping that updated with anything new would be excellent - do you mind if I add your above video link at the bottom as a further reference!

Doing a deeper dive into a particular aspect would be excellent, if there's anything we can do to help you with that just let us know!  VR is still just getting established, so I think there's a lot for the wider community to gain by sharing any insights in to these topics.

Sure, feel free to modify away :) The goal is to spread knowledge and help the industry become better.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement