• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By drcrack
      It is a combination of fundamental RPG elements and challenging, session-based MOBA elements. Having features such as creating your unique build, customizing your outfit and preparing synergic team compositions with friends, players can brave dangerous adventures or merciless arena fights against deadly creatures and skilled players alike.

This time with no grinding and no pay to win features.

We're still looking for:
      1) 3D Character Artist
      2) 3D Environment Artist
      3) Animator
      4) Sound Designer
      5) VFX Artist

Discord https://discord.gg/zXpY29V or drcrack#4575
    • By KarimIO
      Hey guys! Three questions about uniform buffers:
      1) Is there a benefit to Vulkan and DirectX's Shader State for the Constant/Uniform Buffer? In these APIs, and NOT in OpenGL, you must set which shader is going to take each buffer. Why is this? For allowing more slots?
      2) I'm building an wrapper over these graphics APIs, and was wondering how to handle passing parameters. In addition, I used my own json format to describe material formats and shader formats. In this, I can describe which shaders get what uniform buffers. I was thinking of moving to support ShaderLab (Unity's shader format) instead, as this would allow people to jump over easily enough and ease up the learning curve. But ShaderLab does not support multiple Uniform Buffers at all, as I can tell, let alone what parameters go where. 
      So to fix this, I was just going to send all Uniform Buffers to all shaders. Is this that big of a problem?
      3) Do you have any references on how to organize material uniform buffers? I may be optimizing too early, but I've seen people say what a toll this can take.
    • By ANIO chan
      Hi, I'm new here and would like to get some help in what i should do first when designing a game? What would you consider to be the best steps to begin designing my game? Give resources with it as well please.
    • By lucky6969b
      How do you handle situations where the physics engine produces a 129x129 height field which results in 2M vertexes for every frame. The frame rate suffers a lot, and drops to 2-3 fps.
      Is there a way to reduce the traffic or burden over the graphics card? Is the technique of LOD and progressive mesh still apply?
    • By stale
      I've just started learning about tessellation from Frank Luna's DX11 book. I'm getting some very weird behavior when I try to render a tessellated quad patch if I also render a mesh in the same frame. The tessellated quad patch renders just fine if it's the only thing I'm rendering. This is pictured below:
      However, when I attempt to render the same tessellated quad patch along with the other entities in the scene (which are simple triangle-lists), I get the following error:

I have no idea why this is happening, and google searches have given me no leads at all. I use the following code to render the tessellated quad patch:
      ID3D11DeviceContext* dc = GetGFXDeviceContext(); dc->IASetPrimitiveTopology(D3D11_PRIMITIVE_TOPOLOGY_4_CONTROL_POINT_PATCHLIST); dc->IASetInputLayout(ShaderManager::GetInstance()->m_JQuadTess->m_InputLayout); float blendFactors[] = { 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f }; // only used with D3D11_BLEND_BLEND_FACTOR dc->RSSetState(m_rasterizerStates[RSWIREFRAME]); dc->OMSetBlendState(m_blendStates[BSNOBLEND], blendFactors, 0xffffffff); dc->OMSetDepthStencilState(m_depthStencilStates[DSDEFAULT], 0); ID3DX11EffectTechnique* activeTech = ShaderManager::GetInstance()->m_JQuadTess->Tech; D3DX11_TECHNIQUE_DESC techDesc; activeTech->GetDesc(&techDesc); for (unsigned int p = 0; p < techDesc.Passes; p++) { TerrainVisual* terrainVisual = (TerrainVisual*)entity->m_VisualComponent; UINT stride = sizeof(TerrainVertex); UINT offset = 0; GetGFXDeviceContext()->IASetVertexBuffers(0, 1, &terrainVisual->m_VB, &stride, &offset); Vector3 eyePos = Vector3(cam->m_position); Matrix rotation = Matrix::CreateFromYawPitchRoll(entity->m_rotationEuler.x, entity->m_rotationEuler.y, entity->m_rotationEuler.z); Matrix model = rotation * Matrix::CreateTranslation(entity->m_position); Matrix view = cam->GetLookAtMatrix(); Matrix MVP = model * view * m_ProjectionMatrix; ShaderManager::GetInstance()->m_JQuadTess->SetEyePosW(eyePos); ShaderManager::GetInstance()->m_JQuadTess->SetWorld(model); ShaderManager::GetInstance()->m_JQuadTess->SetWorldViewProj(MVP); activeTech->GetPassByIndex(p)->Apply(0, GetGFXDeviceContext()); GetGFXDeviceContext()->Draw(4, 0); } dc->RSSetState(0); dc->OMSetBlendState(0, blendFactors, 0xffffffff); dc->OMSetDepthStencilState(0, 0); I draw my scene by looping through the list of entities and calling the associated draw method depending on the entity's "visual type":
      for (unsigned int i = 0; i < scene->GetEntityList()->size(); i++) { Entity* entity = scene->GetEntityList()->at(i); if (entity->m_VisualComponent->m_visualType == VisualType::MESH) DrawMeshEntity(entity, cam, sun, point); else if (entity->m_VisualComponent->m_visualType == VisualType::BILLBOARD) DrawBillboardEntity(entity, cam, sun, point); else if (entity->m_VisualComponent->m_visualType == VisualType::TERRAIN) DrawTerrainEntity(entity, cam); } HR(m_swapChain->Present(0, 0)); Any help/advice would be much appreciated!
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Looking for storyboard artist anc concept artist

I'm working on a 3D based hack n Slash game, settled in a futuristic world, but with really low futuristic aspects at all.

Even though I can make 3d models with ease I struggle to make the concet art with all the character angles, and so on, that's why I need a concept artist, who can make different humanoid body structures

I'm also planning on doing 2 quick teaser trailers for the game, but in order to work with my current team, I'll need a Storyboard artist to make easy to my animators to understand what to do, I have everything settled of how I want it to be, soif you're interested you just need to understand what I'm saying.

Once the project is settled with a playable demo, we'll make it avaliable for free for a limited time, and hope for the best

If interested just comment below with a way to contact you, as of right now it will be unpaid, but after we mannage to earn some money, everyone whose assets were used in the game development will be paid with no problem it just might take a while.