Programmer C++/3d seeks game project

Started by
3 comments, last by jamespetts 6 years, 10 months ago

Hi guys,

I would like to contribute to a game project as a developer (open source possibly). I have some experiences in C/C++ in game development (perso projects). I don't know either unreal or unity but I have some knowledges in opengl, glsl and shading theory as I had some courses at university regarding to that. I have some knowledges in maths and basic in physics. I know a little how to use blender to do modelling, texturing and simple game assets (no characters, no animation no skinning/rigging). I have no game preferences but I like aventure game, dungeon crawler, platformers, randomly generated things. I know these kind of projects involve a lot of time and I'd be really to work on it but if there are no cleary defined specific design goals/stories/gameplay mechanics I would like to not be part of it x) and I would rather prefer a smaller but well defined project to work on that a huge and not 'finishable' one.

CircleOfLight97

Advertisement

You can participate in the upcoming unofficial gamejam of GDNet that comes every year. Some people are also looking for a team member there which might suit your needs. 

Eh, maybe Naev? That game badly needs a conversion from pre-rendered ship sprites to use of actual 3-D ship models (it's running into an issue where nothing can be added because of a lack of memory). Trouble is it's actually quite a huge project, but there's no reason you should be bound to stick to a project until the end just because you contributed to it for a bit to get experience. You could very well just add ship model use, for example, and then consider yourself done with it.

I would suggest just contributing to a game you like. All the games on the Libre Game Wiki can be contributed to one way or another (even if the development is dead, you can just start your own new fork of it), so if you find something there you like, you're golden.

You would be than welcome to work on Simutrans-Extended, which is an open source C++ game, being a fork from the original Simutrans. It is a transport simulation game with a focus on economic realism. See here for a list of current projects, here for a list of high level design goals and here for the Github page.

Here are some screenshots:

facebook-cover.png

gnr-7ft-single-and-1870s-4wheel-carriage

tram-wires-demonstration-2.png

Do let me know if you are interested, and I can help you to get started. Alternatively, if you have any questions about Simutrans-Extended, I will endeavour to answer them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement