ngoeminne

Free Open Source Collaborative Fantasy Card Game - join us

Arcmage is a libre card game

We’re a small community of free culture-loving individuals, creating a free card game. A game that’s truly open, liberated, free & gratis. A game that is fun to play both casually and competitive, and that is a joy for your eyes. We are challenging the industry by showing what united card game players and developers can create, and by sharing with the world. Welcome to the revolution.

We're looking for people that can help us grow the existing game and are in need of

Players

• try out our game online or with friends using printed cards
  • give positive and constructing feedback to improve the gameplay
  • find loopholes in the general rules or the card rules

Card Inventors

• create card rules, think about strategics, mechanics, synergies
  • create fun to play pre-constructed decks,
  • safeguard the card's strengths and balance throughout the entire game

Editors & Writers

• native english speakers that can improve the cards and the professionalism
  • constructing the lore, the background story, and so much more

Artists

• all our artwork done by Santiago Iborra is of very high quality and it is a challenge to match his level and style
  • all our artwork is published using GPLv2 or above
  • we're looking for people who enjoy creating fantasy artwork and that are willing to contribute

Communications & PR

• help spread the word, and increase our online visbility
  • organize and manage communication (internally towards our community  and externally to others)
  • manage/create our social media presence (non existing for now)

Where is arcmage today?

When looking for a project to join, it makes sense to look at the current status and see that it will deliver something, so your effort/time/creativity will not go to waste.

We've already came a long way, arcmage has

• a finished rule set and we have online video tutorials
  • a set of finished cards that go into two ready to play pre-constructed decks
  • a number of playable, work in progress decks & cards
  • a well defined general design document (in collaboration with wtactics.org). See our wiki
  • an extensive quality grade art collection (in collaboration with wtactics.org)
  • an online card database and card generation tool
  • professional downloadable print-ready pdf's
  • an online browser version of the game

In fact arcmage is playable today, but we need your help to get it to the next level (more cards, more decks, more noise in the social media)

What is in it for you?

All contributors to arcmage are unpaid volunteers, people who love to play collectable card games, but don't like the commerce of it all.
All your work will be enjoyable by anyone, free of charge, free to adapt, free to co-create, free to play.

Kind regards,
Nico Goeminne

I've always enjoyed games like Yu-Gi-Oh! and Hearthstone, and this really reaches out to me. I've been playing TCG's for years, and I'd be glad to be a Card Inventor for you guys, creating strategies and new decks.

Aach06@gmail.com

Discord : Blastmastercrash#6265

Hello ProMiriel,

You're most welcome to join our project, although, since we are making a card game (real world and online) we are not in need of a sound designer/musician, but I'm sure there are plenty of other ways you could contribute (e.g. playtest, card design, editor, communications/pr, ....)

Kind regards,

Nico

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By Madolite
      (Note to Mods: Could "Input" or "Peripherals" be a good Tag to add to the tag list? Just a thought.)

Hey, I'm currently working on which keys on a keyboard that a user can rebind their actions to. The trick is that I use a Norwegian keyboard, so it's not obvious which keys correspond to the actual C#/XNA Keys enum values.

Are there any keys from the XNA Keys enum that, in your opinion, I've neglected to add? I don't need all Keys to be bindable, only the "most commonly used keys on a keyboard". Thanks.
      https://pastebin.com/n1cz8Y0u
    • By Brian Paek
      Football Dash now on iOS! Over 1 million downloads on Android
      iOS:
      https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/football-dash-endless-runner/id1312590451?ls=1&mt=8
      Android:
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.beastattack.c1434846484727

• By adapelin
      I am a computer engineering student and i have the assignment below. İ only can write the 2D maze array and have no idea about creating car and time as well. Could anyone write and explain hot to do???
      Minimum Criteria: You are expected to design the game by using C ++ . Below are the minimal criteria: • You must create game board with 2 - Dimensional Matrix • Bonuses create with randomly in the game board • All bonuses have got the same value but different effect for car and score . These effects may be positive or negative . • You must use pointer for creating and using car . Some bonuses may be change car type. • When the game finish, you must show high - score. • For moving car , you need to create coordinate s randomly and you need to write proper control statements. • You must use functions for drawing game board and changing car type . If you need extra functions, you can use it. • If you cannot get out the maze when the time is up , the game is over and you need to show high score. In this project, you must do all minimum criteria. In the end, your program must be work without any errors. Bonus: • Save and load high score information to/from disk • Each bonus has got different random values. • You can create cheat codes for the game. • You can create alternative control for car . • Car can jump over the wall but may lose the score . When car exit the maze , game is over and you need to show high score.    
    • By Giannis Marinakis
      Hello everyone!
      I have a GitHub repository on which I'm developing a Open Network Library for Java Developers and I'd like to share it so more people come in and contribute. Till now the repo is being developed only by me so the library is not 100% bug free. I'd really like this repo to be famous and got people working on it!
      [You will find more information in the repo]
      Here's the link for the repo: https://github.com/giannismarinakis/java-open-nl
      Thanks!
    • By Thomas Schreiter
      hi there .. we working since 3 years in our free time on a roguelike dungeon crawler with procedurally generated levels and action gameplay. We plan for 5-6 levels with unique graphics and enemies, bosses, minibosses and online high scores. Additionally, we will have many items, weapons and traps.
      here are a actually video with a little bit gameplay
      if you want to support us and maybe play our game ..check out our patreon site
      https://www.patreon.com/cryptarium

• Popular Now