Card Game

Started by
7 comments, last by Scouting Ninja 6 years, 9 months ago

Piece Card Types:

Grade 1

Genetic – Desc. Offensive/Offensive Support Effects; strong relativity.

Solar – Desc. Support/Fortification Effects; medium relativity.

Galactic – Desc. Defensive/Harmonic Effects; weak relativity.

Light – Desc. Upgrade/Normal Effects; relativity.

Shadow – Desc. Disruptive/Degrade Effects; no relativity.

Nature – Desc. Special/Wild Effects; minus relativity.

Dimension – Desc. Accretive/Focused Effects; neutral relativity.

Genesis – Desc. Normal/Diminishing Effects; positive relativity.

Grade 2

Red – Desc. Attractive/Repulsive Effects.

Blue – Desc. Discipline/Cognitive Effects.

Green – Desc. Prospect/System Effects.

Yellow – Desc. Colour/Light Effects.

Purple – Desc. Comfort/Mastery Effects.

Pink – Desc. Minimize/Mortal Effects.

Orange – Desc. Pack/Lost Effects.

Beige – Desc. Super/Pinpoint Effects.

Boardgame

Board is a enlarged chessboard with a click-rotate centre, and four external dual-card-ports; cards square-shaped.

Grade 2 cards can overlay and disband Grade 1 cards freely.

Grade 1 cards have no board effect.

Overlaying is a pointless mode of travel; in warring, overlay is target and no action can be taken until disband.

Board has four states by rotation of a quarter-click; enemy-motive, left-motive, right-motive and player-motive; external dual-card-ports apply to each state; loss-port, transmit-port, receptor-port and gain-port.

Enemy-Motive State is changing sides with original disposition.

Left-Motive and Right-Motive States are changing directional disposition.

Player-Motive State is neutral board.

Loss-Port is for retired cards.

Transmit-Port is for relative (Grade 1 minus Shadow and Nature) card effects.

Receptor-Port is for non-relative (Grade 2 plus Shadow and Nature) card effects.

Gain-Port is for card deck.

Decks must be 50 cards, and are set in gain-port; cards are not drawn but earned by domination (advantage directly) or subterfuge (advantage indirectly).

16 cards are placed on the board on player and enemy sides; 8 Grade 2 and 8 Grade 1; like chess.

Cards are moved around the board in any direction by 1 square, or more with card effects, and are lost in a simple or complex trump-procedure.

A card placed on another card can send it and other cards to loss-port, and card effects can cause this from anywhere on the board.

A game is won when a player has 4 Grade 2 Cards on the field.

Advertisement

You didn't ask a question. Do you have a question?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

27 minutes ago, Tom Sloper said:

You didn't ask a question. Do you have a question?

what, so the masters can tell me something exact about my development?

the topic is a question itself; if it's "help?" you want me to add or a more comfortable "let's discuss" or is that moving too far ahead?

in short i'm looking to improve my development in all areas anyone want to help?

36 minutes ago, pinkflutty said:

the topic is a question itself; if it's "help?" you want me to add or a more comfortable "let's discuss" or is that moving too far ahead?

The thing is that these are undefined ideas. We can't help much unless we know what each means.

It's like me asking: What is X if X = Y+b*n; It could be anything.

3 hours ago, pinkflutty said:

Genetic – Desc. Offensive/Offensive Support Effects; strong relativity.

So what is relativity? I see it ranges from -1 to +1 and that all types have it. How does it factor into the game?

What about offense and defense, are they equal in power?

If they are can a player stop a other players action with defense?

If they are not then doesn't it mean that a faction based on defense will always lose to offense?

Card Format

Cards have card power and effect.

Card power versus card power warring results in highest power victory; card power is between 1 and 10, common 1 – 5 of Grade 1 and common 5 – 10 of Grade 2 but there are uncommon cards.

Card effects allow or disallow communication between cards and can change the outcome of warring; below is an explanation of all effects:

Effect intensify and dampen have a wide-range of definitions; an effect does not function with all cards, however, for example, Offensive Support effects always function with Genetic cards.

Effects are close-range or long-range.

Offensive effects are activated pre-movement; power increase of friendly cards or power decrease of enemy cards.

Offensive Support effects are activated post-movement or cost movement; power increase or effect intensify of friendly cards.

Support effects are activated pre-movement; movement increase or effect intensify of friendly cards.

Fortification effects are activated pre-movement; movement decrease and power increase of friendly cards.

Defensive effects are activated post-movement or cost movement; power increase of friendly cards or power decrease of enemy cards.

Harmonic effects are activated pre-movement; effect intensify friendly cards or effect dampen enemy cards.

Upgrade effects are activated post-movement or cost movement; power transmit of or effect transmit of friendly cards.

Normal effects are activated pre-movement and cost movement; power transmit or effect receipt of friendly cards or power receipt or effect transmit of enemy cards.

Disruptive

17 minutes ago, pinkflutty said:

Offensive effects are activated pre-movement...

Defensive effects are activated post-movement...

So you mean these are states not stats.

Not a bad idea, it shows some good counter play options.

A lot of the states appear to overlap, this only makes your game confusing.

Consider limiting your states: Pre-movement can just be called Offensive phase, Post-movement can be called Defensive phase.

By branding all of your Pre-movement cards as Offensive and Post-movement as Defensive your game looks easier than it is. Giving it that easy to play hard to master factor.

You could then add small icons on each card that shows a sub group. For example a green attack icon to show a damage boost and red to show it lowers damage.

This way a player can look to see what the card does and what phase it can be played in by checking to see if it's a offensive or defensive card.

I disagree, pre-movement is simply before you move your card on the board and post-movement vice versa.

42 minutes ago, Scouting Ninja said:

So you mean these are states not stats.

Not a bad idea, it shows some good counter play options.

A lot of the states appear to overlap, this only makes your game confusing.

Consider limiting your states: Pre-movement can just be called Offensive phase, Post-movement can be called Defensive phase.

By branding all of your Pre-movement cards as Offensive and Post-movement as Defensive your game looks easier than it is. Giving it that easy to play hard to master factor.

You could then add small icons on each card that shows a sub group. For example a green attack icon to show a damage boost and red to show it lowers damage.

This way a player can look to see what the card does and what phase it can be played in by checking to see if it's a offensive or defensive card.

3 hours ago, pinkflutty said:

I disagree

With what?

This is your game pre-move and post-move is what you make it. I am just giving some advice based on the little info you provided.

If you mean that you disagree with the fact that offense and defense is only state changes then consider this:

"Offensive effects are activated pre-movement; power increase of friendly cards or power decrease of enemy cards."

"Defensive effects are activated post-movement or cost movement; power increase of friendly cards or power decrease of enemy cards."

This means that the only significant difference is the phase the card is played in.

"Offensive Support effects are activated post-movement or cost movement; power increase or effect intensify of friendly cards."

"Support effects are activated pre-movement; movement increase or effect intensify of friendly cards."

"Fortification effects are activated pre-movement; movement decrease and power increase of friendly cards."

"Harmonic effects are activated pre-movement; effect intensify friendly cards or effect dampen enemy cards."

"Upgrade effects are activated post-movement or cost movement; power transmit of or effect transmit of friendly cards."

"Normal effects are activated pre-movement and cost movement; power transmit or effect receipt of friendly cards or power receipt or effect transmit of enemy cards."

So as you can see a lot of these do the same thing, mostly just in a other phase.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement