[Hobby][Rev-share] Writer w/ 15+ yrs. XP looking for project

Hey guys!

l'm a passionate and published writer looking to get my hands dirty in the game dev world, collab with some cool people, and make awesome games. Story arcs, character development, dialogue creation, text editing... you name it, l'm game.

l'm perfectly happy doing hobby projects, but if people are getting something like rev-share, i will expect compensation as well

EXPERlENCE:

• 15+ years of writing experience. l've written & edited everything from fiction to journalism to content marketing and more. But mostly fiction.

• Many of my stories have been published. You can check out my style and see if l'd be a good fit here.

OTHER SKlLLS:

• l've done a small bit of voice-acting and would love the chance to get more into it. l've been told on occasion that i have a "good voice for reading."

GENRE STRENGTHS:

• Drama, horror, mystery, suspense (big Stephen King/SOMA/Prey fan)

GAME GENRE:

• While l have my favorites, l'll be happy working with any genre.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

-Snarky

8 hours ago, Ifrit Dev said:

Hello! I'd like if you emailed me at Aach06@gmail.com, and we could go over whether you'd be a good writer for our game!

E-mail sent!

Hey BVA, i want to work on a farming simulator/village simulator game similar to harvest moon or rune factory series. I would love to have a strong story line and characters for it. It is definitely a hobby project, but i want to make it with a potential to sell on steam (one day). If your interested in this style of game, and would enjoy working on it please message me!

Quick personal bio: I have a degree in game design. I have decent programming skills using Unity, and love this style of genre. I feel like we could come up with a similar game in the genre, but fixing the issue areas that most of these games possess. 

Thanks!

Matt

Hey guys, i appreciate everyone reaching out. l have enough hobby projects right now, so for the time being l'm only accepting paid projects (not rev-share) or projects that are actively being developed. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Emerald_Eel_Entertainment
      Forest-themed levels in 3D linear games seem to be tricky to pull off. I primarily refer to first person games though this can easily be applied to third person games and possibly top-down games.
      Older games were limited by the hardware used at the time so texture space and polygon counts were important to manage. These games uses a flat texture of trees to create the illusion of depth or create rocky cliff walls to obscure parts of the scene the player is not meant to view.

An example of a linear forest level is Forest Edge from Disney's Donald Duck: Goin' Quakers on the PlayStation 1.

A relatively recent example of a linear forest level are portions the Outlands White Forest from Half-Life 2: Episode 2 on the PC. You can see that it looks more like a small narrow valley. For gameplay and readability it works well and doesn't feel artificial though it's not quite a dense forest.

Outlast 2 did have areas set in tree-filled areas but the only indication of not being able to go through some bushes or trees are invisible barriers, which supposedly works but feels very artificial in my opinion.

Some games in recent years like The Forest and Ark: Survival Evolved have made fully explorable forest levels but they are non-linear open world games. Since the respective games aren't linear in nature they have no need to funnel players through areas designed to be traversed.

How can depth and believability be achieved without making the player confused or lose their direction? How can making a linear forest level be done without making the environment appear artificial?
      I created this topic as I'd love to hear what you guys think. I don't think there's a right or wrong way going about making a 3D linear forest level.
    • By anomalystudiospt
      Hey, we are new around here!
      Our team spent the last year developing a prototype game called Rise of The Fey, a game that focuses on a dramatic story with a fast paced gameplay.
      Rise of The Fey is a third-person action-adventure RPG set within a fantasy world called Perrah. In Rise you control Kall, a young spaunian looking for revenge after the death of his beloved.

We would appreciate if you could take a look at our stuff, tell us what you think and possibly help us out on Indiegogo.
      The prototype is in portuguese, sorry about that!
      Have a good one!
    • By Jon Bon
      Concept for combat in Meteor Bombardment 2
    • By Jon Bon
      Concept for combat in Meteor Bombardment 2
    • By i3di
      What is Heroes and Legends?  Well, it is meant to be the most advanced RPG to date, exceeding Skyrim, and as immersive as Baldur's Gate.  This game will push the envelope of modern PC's requiring more modern technology, 16GB min RAM, 4GB min Video, Advanced in Game Kinematics, Actual Fluid physics, the works.  I have been in programming for over 25 years.  I have studied 3D computer graphics since the early days of WinG before it was DirectX.  What am I offering?  A team and partnership.  Everyone who comes on board will receive royalties and be part of the company as I move it from a Sole Proprietorship to Corporation.  
      Sky is the limit on this.  All the project goals are meant to be a stepping stone in to the companies ultimate focus which is Military Combat Simulations.  I need your help though.  Right now, I am in content creation.  I have over 600 textures needing normal maps, ambient occlusion, specular and displacement.  I have a very advanced 3D model with rig that is almost complete.  The rig uses actual anatomy and bone sizes of the human body.  As I close the completion of this advanced work in the rigging, I still have to create high def detail, clothes, animations and I must add on to the rig for various humanoid types.
      The project is split in to modular pieces so that elements can be sold on Unreal store, converted to Unity and sold.  So there will be money making in process.  So, if your looking to become part of a permanent team with good project management, a very experienced developer, and be part of a developing company, then please, reply or send a message.  I have received only 1 reply since I began making this effort and I can't do this alone.  Game development is a team sport. No response, well, then this will never see completion.

Here is who I need:

HTML, Java EE 7, HTML, PHP, Linux Web Developers
      Server Administrators
      3D Modelers and Animators
      2D Concept and Interface Artists
      Sound and Music Composers
      Unreal and C++ Programmers

What you need:
      Vision, Creativity and Dedication

Enclosed is the blender file of the High Polygon Human Rig.  This rig will allow for every type of human interaction you can imagine, right down to breathing.  Using advanced IK plugins, and motion graphics, the level of character interaction and realism will be unlike anything experienced in games, right down to a punch molding flesh on the face.  This is not complete, but the rig is almost there.  My work, solely.
      MALE-0000-0000-0001.blend
  • Popular Now