Dear reader,

I'm a long time gamer, designer, developer, board game fan and hobbyist board game author, passionate in games since age of 6 with addiction to video games starting at the first own computer in the 90's. Professional developing in games industry since 2012 using the popular tools and engines as of Unreal Engine and Unity 3D to create games and optimie workflow by making tools. Highly interested in game engine development starting at the time of my bachelor studies to self improving in any topic a game engine needs to fit and above now working on my current engine project since 3 years in my rarely spread spare time seeking for a companion to contribute, helping improving existing source code on the framework base and planning/developing new features inside the framework but also on the wide tools base.

About the Project

Drough initially intended as game engine has now become a modular C++ based framework to setup and build custom game engines but could also be used for developing games in the same turn while from game developers for game developers regardless of professional, indie or hobbyist; plugging in modules improves the system with different sets of capabilities using OS low level APIs. It's partner project is my WorkBench frontend; itself also fully customizeable written in C# using C# Assemblies as plugins, providing a fully desktop integrated game development environment with state of the art but simple planned tools for both, game designers and game programmers with a code driven but node based editing masked interface. An integrated download center should help customizing the tool in the future and maybe access a users account on the website.

Currently the framework provides:

• AI (FSM, Behavior Tree and some utilities used in machine learning)
  • Asset support for most common file types (Bmp, Jpeg, Obj, Png, Tga), data types (Ini, Json) and packages (an own one + zip)
  • Multithreaded task based and event system
  • Logging and Profiler backend (file based and UDP)
  • OpenGL 4+ Core Profile and Vulkan graphics

Who Contributes

You as contributor should be a reliable consitent person with the same passion about making games and the tools used to make them as I do with a good or semi good knowledge in C++, C# and the will to invest at least a few hours per week of your spare time to help bringing the project onto the next level. "But why should I do that" would you propably ask yourself when reaching this point, so to be honest, I could not offer anything because I also just only spend time, a lot of creativity and experience into the project but I you could get part of a team working on something great getting on the edges of your knowledge and beyond.

It would be also great to take a view on the multiplatform aspect, when you would carry some linux experience into the OS code.

Getting in Touch

When your read all the post until here, congrats! and thank you for sharing your time regardless how you decide for contributing or not. If so, I would like to get in touch, maybe with a small introduction of yourself on this thread or via PM. I would be happy about anyone to write :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By Kazuma506
      I am trying to recreate the combat system in the game Life is Feudal but make it more complex. The fighting system works by taking in the direction of the mouse movement and if you press the left click it will swing in that direction, though stab, overhead, left (up, down, left right) and right are the only swings that you can do. If you wanted to you could also hold the swing by holding left click so you are able to swing at the perfect moment in the battle. I want to change this so add in more swing directions but I also want to code this from scratch in Unreal. Can anyone give me any pointers or maybe a few snippets of code that work in Unreal that could help me start to implement this type of system?

• By Jim Bachalo
      Hi
      Having a huge problem trying to simply implement a working framework for a turn based (each player takes turns) board game using UNET (Unity).
      I have an Eventmanager system I am comfortable with for sending, receiving custom events.
      I want to avoid adding any unnecessary complexity, so no State machine etc.
      Just a Model class
      A Game Controller
      Perhaps a controller for each player?
      And a View for the board and game pieces.

Not sure whether most of the game logic (calculating score, wins etc.) would go in the Game Controller or Model class.
      Will extend this for use in AR.

Can anyone help?
      Are there any really useful MVC C# templates that would get me started?
      Any help appreciated!
    • By rXpSwiss
      Hello,
      I am sending compressed json data from the UE4 client to a C++ server made with boost.
      I am using ZLib to compress and decompress all json but it doesn't work. I am now encoding it in base64 to avoid some issues but that doesn't change a thing.
      I currently stopped trying to send the data and I am writing it in a file from the client and trying to read the file and decompress on the server side.
      When the server is trying to decompress it I get an error from ZLib : zlib error: iostream error
      My question is the following : Did anyone manage to compress and decompress data between a UE4 client and a C++ server ?
      I cannot really configure anything on the server side (because boost has its ZLib compressor) and I don't know what is wrong with the decompression.
      Any idea ?
      rXp
    • By idzohar
      I am trying to rotate my car sprite just slightly to the left or right depending on input up to a small maximum. When I use this code, the rotation doesn't stop at the maximum i give it. When i try to reset the rotation back to its original state when not pressing any input, the car also jitters between a z axis rotation of 0 and 2.5. I don't understand why the rotation doesn't stop at the given maximums, nor do I understand why its jittering. Can anybody provide me some insight?
              float movementHorizontal = 0f;
              float movementVertical = 0f;
              if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.A) && Input.GetKey(KeyCode.D))
              {
              }
              else if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.A))
              {
                  movementHorizontal = -1;
                  if (transform.rotation.z < 10f)
                  {
                      transform.Rotate(zAxis, 2.5f);
                  }            
              }
              else if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.D))
              {
                  movementHorizontal = 1;
                  if (transform.rotation.z > -10f)
                  {
                      transform.Rotate(zAxis, -2.5f);
                  }

}
              else
              {
                  if(transform.rotation.z > 0)
                  {
                      transform.Rotate(zAxis, -2.5f);
                      //transform.rotation.Set(0, 0, 0, 0);
                  }
                  else if (transform.rotation.z < 0)
                  {
                      transform.Rotate(zAxis, 2.5f);
                      //transform.rotation.Set(0, 0, 0, 0);
                  }

}
    • By noodleBowl
      I was wondering if someone could explain this to me
      I'm working on using the windows WIC apis to load in textures for DirectX 11. I see that sometimes the WIC Pixel Formats do not directly match a DXGI Format that is used in DirectX. I see that in cases like this the original WIC Pixel Format is converted into a WIC Pixel Format that does directly match a DXGI Format. And doing this conversion is easy, but I do not understand the reason behind 2 of the WIC Pixel Formats that are converted based on Microsoft's guide
      I was wondering if someone could tell me why Microsoft's guide on this topic says that GUID_WICPixelFormat40bppCMYKAlpha should be converted into GUID_WICPixelFormat64bppRGBA and why GUID_WICPixelFormat80bppCMYKAlpha should be converted into GUID_WICPixelFormat64bppRGBA
      In one case I would think that: 
      GUID_WICPixelFormat40bppCMYKAlpha would convert to GUID_WICPixelFormat32bppRGBA and that GUID_WICPixelFormat80bppCMYKAlpha would convert to GUID_WICPixelFormat64bppRGBA, because the black channel (k) values would get readded / "swallowed" into into the CMY channels
      In the second case I would think that:
      GUID_WICPixelFormat40bppCMYKAlpha would convert to GUID_WICPixelFormat64bppRGBA and that GUID_WICPixelFormat80bppCMYKAlpha would convert to GUID_WICPixelFormat128bppRGBA, because the black channel (k) bits would get redistributed amongst the remaining 4 channels (CYMA) and those "new bits" added to those channels would fit in the GUID_WICPixelFormat64bppRGBA and GUID_WICPixelFormat128bppRGBA formats. But also seeing as there is no GUID_WICPixelFormat128bppRGBA format this case is kind of null and void
      I basically do not understand why Microsoft says GUID_WICPixelFormat40bppCMYKAlpha and GUID_WICPixelFormat80bppCMYKAlpha should convert to GUID_WICPixelFormat64bppRGBA in the end

• Popular Now