• Advertisement

Team looking for 3D modeller

I have a small team together to work on an open world adventure game but we are lacking specifically anyone to do with 3D modelling. The basic concept of the game is you play as a demigod who has seen mankind grow from the bottom, up. The Gods are unhappy with the humans because there is a worldwide war that is destroying Earth. They tell the humans they are angry, and they destroy the universe but keep the demigod alive to watch everything disappear. He wakes up in a world filled with fantasy, kind of like the elder scrolls. Here, he must protect the innocent people and fulfill his duty in a prophecy.

If you have any interest in joining the team, even if you are not a 3D designer, please email me at 78darknight87@gmail.com.

Thanks

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By Bokchee 88
      I am animator by hard, and i am doing game animation for at least 8 years so far. During the last 2 years, i came with a idea for game and maybe some day, i want to start indie game company. As i am thinking to start game company, i am also thinking what kind of value i can give to the company. For example, am experience in animation,sales(I was selling web development services, before i jumped to gaming), bit of rigging- just not for production, i am learning on the side as well. The rest of the gaming production, like modeling, concept art, texturing, i am total noob or to say better, i am no near interest to do modeling for example, don't have such a patience to do it. But before characters and things are made for animating, what the hell i am would do?
      Also, what is the ideal size of the founding team of a game company? Positions to be filled mostly are, Concept artist, Modeler/Texture artist, programmer, animator-rigger. And later would need more people to join, like more animators, programmers, sound, fx,etc.

And lastly, do i need to have something,like a prototype, to show people and get them interest, or should i ask someone i know, for skill that i lack, for example, Modeling would be great, texturing and rigging, and to start all together from scratch?  
    • By Swift Katana Studios
      Do YOU play Horror Games; if so WHAT is your favourite and WHY?
      Hello! I want to develop a Horror Game for PC and Consoles, however, I need to understand WHY people enjoy playing Horror Games. 
      Here's a list of Questions:
      What's your favourite Horror Game and Why? What environment scares YOU the most? What Creature/ Enemy scares YOU the most? Do YOU like Maze's/ Labyrinths?  Do you enjoy Puzzles/ Riddles? Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read this topic, I appreciate it!

• By Fleshbits
      Back around 2006 I spent a good year or two reading books, articles on this site, and gobbling up everything game dev related I could. I started an engine in DX10 and got through basics. I eventually gave up, because I couldn't do the harder things.
      Now, my C++ is 12 years stronger, my mind is trained better, and I am thinking of giving it another go.
      Alot has changed. There is no more SDK, there is evidently a DX Toolkit, XNA died, all the sweet sites I used to go to are 404, and google searches all point to Unity and Unreal.
      I plainly don't like Unity or Unreal, but might learn them for reference.
      So, what is the current path? Does everyone pretty much use the DX Toolkit? Should I start there? I also read that DX12 is just expert level DX11, so I guess I am going DX 11.
      Is there a current and up to date list of learning resources anywhere?  I am about tired of 404s..

• By Dave Haylett
      Hi all. My project is coming along wonderfully, and am starting to consider alpha deployment, and would like your advice.
      My project need access to 10,000 small PNG image files at runtime, each is only a few kilobytes each, which during development I used to load in directly from a fixed path on my HDD whenever one was needed (obviously not a solution for go-live), using something like this:
      img = new WriteableBitmap(new BitmapImage(new Uri(@screenshotsPath + filename)));
      The image would then be blitted onto a buffer screen, etc. etc. At a time, a few dozen would be being used.
      Now I'm thinking about deployment, and also when I produce an update to my app, there could be more images to add to the folders. So I'm considering the best way of a) deploying the images to the user as part of the project, and b) how to most easily handle updates to the app, whereby more images will be added.
      I have just experimented with adding them all as a Resource (!). This inflated the exe from 10mb to 100mb (not a major problem), increased the compile time from 3 secs to 30 secs (annoying), increased RAM usage from 500mb to 1.5gb (not a major problem either), but means that it solves my fixed directory issue, distribution issue, and update issue, simply by having the files all stuck into the executable. Here's the new code I'm using:
      img = BitmapFactory.FromResource("Shots/" + filename);
      The next thing I was going to try was to mark them as Content > Copy if Newer. This would resolve the executable size and RAM usage (and also the directory issue as well), however it seems that I'd need to highlight them all, and move them from Resource to Content. As an up-front job this isn't too bad, but as I add new images to the project, I'll need to go in and do this every time, which gets annoying, as the VS2015 default is Resource. Also, I'm not sure how this would work in terms of updates. Would something like ClickOnce deployment recognise new PNGs and install them to the users?

I also have 3,000 ZIP files (~500kb each) which also need deploying and updating in the same way. These are currently read directly from my HDD until I can find a permanent solution for adding these to the project as well.
      Can anyone thing of a better way of doing what I'm trying to achieve?
      Thanks for any help folks.

• By PhillipHamlyn
      Hi
      I have a procedurally generated tiled landscape, and want to apply 'regional' information to the tiles at runtime; so Forests, Roads - pretty much anything that could be defined as a 'region'. Up until now I've done this by creating a mesh defining the 'region' on the CPU and interrogating that mesh during the landscape tile generation; I then add regional information to the landscape tile via a series of Vertex boolean properties. For each landscape tile vertex I do a ray-mesh intersect into the 'region' mesh and get some value from that mesh.

For example my landscape vertex could be;
      struct Vtx { Vector3 Position; bool IsForest; bool IsRoad; bool IsRiver; } I would then have a region mesh defining a forest, another defining rivers etc. When generating my landscape veretexes I do an intersect check on the various 'region' meshes to see what kind of landscape that vertex falls within.

My ray-mesh intersect code isn't particularly fast, and there may be many 'region' meshes to interrogate, and I want to see if I can move this work onto the GPU, so that when I create a set of tile vertexes I can call a compute/other shader and pass the region mesh to it, and interrogate that mesh inside the shader. The output would be a buffer where all the landscape vertex boolean values have been filled in.

The way I see this being done is to pass in two RWStucturedBuffer to a compute shader, one containing the landscape vertexes, and the other containing some definition of the region mesh, (possibly the region might consist of two buffers containing a set of positions and indexes). The compute shader would do a ray-mesh intersect check on each landscape vertex and would set the boolean flags on a corresponding output buffer.

In theory this is a parallelisable operation (no one landscape vertex relies on another for its values) but I've not seen any examples of a ray-mesh intersect being done in a compute shader; so I'm wondering if my approach is wrong, and the reason I've not seen any examples, is because no-one does it that way. If anyone can comment on;
      Is this a really bad idea ? If no-one does it that way, does everyone use a Texture to define this kind of 'region' information ? If so - given I've only got a small number of possible types of region, what Texture Format would be appropriate, as 32bits seems really wasteful. Is there a common other approach to adding information to a basic height-mapped tile system that would perform well for runtime generated tiles ? Thanks
      Phillip
  • Advertisement