• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By bowcox
      Hi guys! 
      I have created a Pong game that has an AI that is almost beatable, changing the speed of the AI can make it ridiculously easy or hard depending on the way you go about it. 

using System.Collections; using System.Collections.Generic; using UnityEngine; public class ComputerMovement : MonoBehaviour { private float speed; private float reAdjustSpeed = 1f; private Rigidbody2D computer2d; public static bool isTwoPlayer; GameObject theBall; Rigidbody2D rb2d; void Start() { computer2d = GetComponent<Rigidbody2D> (); } void FixedUpdate() { if (isTwoPlayer == true) { speed = 5f; if (Input.GetKey (KeyCode.W)) { computer2d.position += Vector2.up * speed * Time.deltaTime; } if (Input.GetKey (KeyCode.S)) { computer2d.position += Vector2.down * speed * Time.deltaTime; } } if (isTwoPlayer == false) { speed = 3f; if (theBall == null) { theBall = GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag ("Ball"); } rb2d = theBall.GetComponent<Rigidbody2D> (); //Is the ball going left or right if (rb2d.velocity.x > 0) { if (rb2d.velocity.y > 0) { if (rb2d.position.y > computer2d.position.y) { MoveUp (); } if (rb2d.position.y < computer2d.position.y) { MoveDown (); } } if (rb2d.velocity.y < 0) { if (rb2d.position.y > computer2d.position.y) { MoveUp (); } if (rb2d.position.y < computer2d.position.y) { MoveDown (); } } } //Whilst it's not moving at the paddle, let it gain a slight reset by moving with the ball at a slower pace. if (rb2d.velocity.x < 0) { if (computer2d.position.y < 0) { computer2d.position += Vector2.up * reAdjustSpeed * Time.deltaTime; } if (computer2d.position.y > 0) { computer2d.position += Vector2.down * reAdjustSpeed * Time.deltaTime; } } } } void MoveDown() { if (Mathf.Abs(rb2d.velocity.y) > speed) { computer2d.position += Vector2.down * speed * Time.deltaTime; } else { computer2d.position += Vector2.down * speed * Time.deltaTime; } } void MoveUp() { if (Mathf.Abs (rb2d.velocity.y) > speed) { computer2d.position += Vector2.up * speed * Time.deltaTime; } else { computer2d.position += Vector2.up * speed * Time.deltaTime; } } }  
      I have looked up several posts across many different forums in order to create a much better AI. Most of the posts recommend that I use Raycasts to find out exactly where the ball might hit the paddle. I have looked up how to use them and I'm just completely lost, do raycasts consider collisions and go on infinitely or once they hit a wall, that's where it'll end up? Would anyone be able to help me understand raycasts a little better? 
      If you have another solution that enables me to calculate exactly where the ball will end up on the opponents side, I am more than willing to hear it
      Thanks again if you read this!
    • By eldwin11929
      We're looking for a Unity (C#) Programmer for our 2D Project. We're looking for a new lead programmer to continue with an existing project.

Project is an open-world RTS, and is very close to a prototyping (playable) phase. Our existing lead, unfortunately, has no more time for the project, and thus we are in search of a new one who is interested.

Game is purely fantasy based, and we'll be able to give you much more detailed info about the project as we begin to work you into it.

You'll be working with our junior developer, who has been here since the beginning.

Primary skills needed are just being able to work within Unity. But skills within XML are also a plus.

Our list of major goals we'd need you to do is minimal, yet still fairly extensive:
      -Edit our current Pathfinding system to account for a few extra features.
      -Setup our global map system. You’ll be working off an existing random node-map web generator and existing random map generation system and essentially linking the two together. This includes handling random spawns (which has already been semi-setup) unique to each node’s respective map.
      -Further implementation of an existing random spawning algorithm (used to spawn things like enemies randomly across the Map).
      -Making sure to Save and Record all respective aspects of what was mentioned above.
      -Handling our XML database- database is created, but we’ll need to be integrating it. This includes all various things from units to abilities and so forth. Will also need to handle implementing an object’s unique attributes we cannot take care of within XML.
      -Various Content Implementation (to be done once our XML has been integrated).
      -Various Saving and Recording of all respective aspects of the database info mentioned above.
      -Various Performance Enhancements.
      -Potential for various misc things, such as further UI work.
      -Setting up a Menu system.

We have a considerable amount of things done already- however I must warn ahead of time we have quite a bit of unclean code, which may be fairly overwhelming for a new developer on the project.

Let me know your rates per hour, and we'll see if we can work out a good deal between both of us. Royalties are also included.

If interested, send an email to: eldwin11929@yahoo.com

Thanks!
    • By jhocking
      My bestselling and highly recommended Unity book has been fully revised! Unity in Action, Second Edition teaches you to write and deploy games with the Unity game development platform. You'll master the Unity toolset from the ground up, adding the skills you need to go from application coder to game developer.

Foreword by Jesse Schell, author of The Art of Game Design

Don't take my word for it being good, look at the sky-high ratings on GoodReads.

You can order the ebook directly from the publisher's site, or order the book on Amazon to get both the physical book and a coupon to download the ebook!
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Experienced Web Developer/Programmer looking to get into game development.

As my title says I'm experience web developer that's been doing so for 20 years as a hobby and 10 years professionally. I dabble in tons of languages and frameworks and I'm not afraid to look at any.

I've worked in some .NET stuff for some websites so I could probably have less learning curve with C# but I'm completely willing to work in C++ as well. In general I love programming stuff and figuring out things. Especially ones I broke. 

Ideally I'd like to work in a team either looking to learn together or something very patient and laid back. While i'm a very good programmer in the web sense I know I will need to learn some things on the application side. So patience and a group not looking to run to steam immediately would be ideal. I've watched videos and am continuing to, but I know I always just work better hands on and sadly i'm not as artistic as I like to be. :(

Thanks for your time.

Current skill list: PHP, MySQL, Moderate C#, ReactJS, VueJS, NPM, LEMP/LAMP/IIS Server stacks(not relevant here but I understand server administration as well), as well as other stuff here and there but these are the most dominant things I work in.

Edited by Strychnine

Advertisement

Add me on Discord, Altri#7510. We're building a mobile moba and we need some help with backend stuff.

5 hours ago, Altri said:

Add me on Discord, Altri#7510. We're building a mobile moba and we need some help with backend stuff.

What type of help are you looking for, storage means or?

7 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

What type of help are you looking for, storage means or?

Registration and User management in PHP. You could also help with the core of the game which is all in C#.

31 minutes ago, Altri said:

Registration and User management in PHP. You could also help with the core of the game which is all in C#.

I'd be happy to consult Strychnine#1354