Experienced Web Developer/Programmer looking to get into game development.

Started by
6 comments, last by Altri 6 years, 10 months ago

As my title says I'm experience web developer that's been doing so for 20 years as a hobby and 10 years professionally. I dabble in tons of languages and frameworks and I'm not afraid to look at any.

I've worked in some .NET stuff for some websites so I could probably have less learning curve with C# but I'm completely willing to work in C++ as well. In general I love programming stuff and figuring out things. Especially ones I broke. 

Ideally I'd like to work in a team either looking to learn together or something very patient and laid back. While i'm a very good programmer in the web sense I know I will need to learn some things on the application side. So patience and a group not looking to run to steam immediately would be ideal. I've watched videos and am continuing to, but I know I always just work better hands on and sadly i'm not as artistic as I like to be. :(

Thanks for your time.

Current skill list: PHP, MySQL, Moderate C#, ReactJS, VueJS, NPM, LEMP/LAMP/IIS Server stacks(not relevant here but I understand server administration as well), as well as other stuff here and there but these are the most dominant things I work in.

Advertisement

What kind of games are you interested in developing?

http://rpg-editor.com/ (C# RPG)

No team [yet]

jburditt #0434 (discord)

m@jburditt.com (email)

Add me on Discord, Altri#7510. We're building a mobile moba and we need some help with backend stuff.

5 hours ago, Altri said:

Add me on Discord, Altri#7510. We're building a mobile moba and we need some help with backend stuff.

What type of help are you looking for, storage means or?

7 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

What type of help are you looking for, storage means or?

Registration and User management in PHP. You could also help with the core of the game which is all in C#.

31 minutes ago, Altri said:

Registration and User management in PHP. You could also help with the core of the game which is all in C#.

I'd be happy to consult Strychnine#1354

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

I'd be happy to consult Strychnine#1354

Okay I added you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement