• Advertisement
2Janna1Challice

Game Concept: Not Another Hero Game.

This topic is 532 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So from time to time i do come up with the weirdest video game concepts, and to keep my creativity at a all time high I would like some feedback of this concept. 
Note: I'm not a dev, i just have crazy imaginations and ideas in my head. In terms of computing i have like 0 idea on how to do.

Not Another Hero Game 
(Actual title)
its a play on the games like Idle Heroes, Brave Frontier and similar 6 hero games. With the mix of Idle clicker games concept of rebirth, or restarting. 

So the game has a unique concept where its still 3v3 action, however the players have a lineup list of heroes, where if one dies another one will take its place in the field on the next turn and the hero that died would be on a 12 hour cool down. 
Player can pick who they want to send out next in a scrolling menu that appears, if none is picked, the one closest to the top will be sent out withing 2 minutes

To keep things simple, there's actually only 10 heroes available at start of design with 5 different types working in a rock paper scissors situation being said each hero have a color pallet switch.
Example Hero A looks the same as Hero B in model, however their colors are different because Hero A is Fire (Red) and Hero B is Leaf (Green) Therefore Hero A is strong against Hero B
Water > Fire > Leaf > Light > Dark
Q - Why is Leaf beats Light?
A - Leaf Covers Sunshine and plant life drains Sun rays to grow
Q - Then Why does Dark beats Water?
A - Water Is More Pressured the deeper and darker it gets, oil which dark in nature also pollutes water. 

Q-What If All Player Heroes Died? 
A-The Player then has the choice to either rebirth for Diamonds which would be available post Wave 50, Or When the next 6 heroes is out of cool down the battle will start with them. Like prevent the game from continuing until 6 heroes are available
The Rebirth Option will not appear unless all player Heroes are dead

Q:Is There a limit to how many Heroes a player can have?
A:By default 50 size can be increased later on, However the max Hero in Guild Party is 50

During gameplay the screen should show the ongoing battle, with a button on the top right displaying 4 menues. Being Heroes, Shop, Guild, and Alter

Clicking On Heroes will display all available heroes 
Players can either level up their heroes with gold or change their current equipment. Rebirthing will reset the Heroes Level to 1
Heroes have a distinct rarity from (C,U,R,SR), its to keep the game more flavorful. normal hero games have rarity of 1 star to 5 stars and sometimes above, wile in this game stars is just a symbol of power (of course all games are like that too)

Shop- The Shop is there to purchase summon stones, specific heroes and Equipment for your heroes with the use of rebirth Diamonds. Some occasions perma buffs do appear to purchase. perma buffs change the game play of the game slightly and doesn't go away even after rebirthing again
The shop can refresh every 3 hours up to the players decision by a refresh button in shop

Alter - Here You can either sacrifice unwanted heroes for diamonds, or combine the same 4 heroes to move it up 1 star. rules applied that the same hero must be at the same star level.
You can also summon new heroes with summon scrolls, theres no way in summoning anything above 1 star, every hero starts off the same, can you imagine spawning something in a high level and explaining how it got there?
You can also craft specific R Rares, and SR Super Rares by trading a specific few from the below tiers,

And last but not least Guilds
Guilds will have its own personal Guild raid type battle going on
Guilds will have 4 menus - Shop, Chat, War, Donate, Back button should be on the top left
Guild Raid, occurs passively Players can only see their 6 attacking the raid boss, and will be unable to see Guild members current team facing off the boss. Defeating Each wave or dealing X amounts of damage offers Guild Coins which can be used in the guild shop.
Guild Shop - Like a normal shop but uses Guild Coins. Special specific items are available in the guild shop as well. 
guild stone - used to summon special beast or animal like heroes, by default the normal summon stones have human/undead/orc/elf looking heroes. Only available at the guild shop
Chat- talk to guildmates.
War - Guild leader can put up a search in guild war, when a war is active, you will see a score board and names of both allies and enemies, click invade on an enemy to see your hero army fight against their hero army in 6v6 turn base action.
Defeating an enemy in an invade score points, defending does not score any points for you. Max two attacks per war.
Players can adjust their guild army in their heroes menu or during a war. Defeating an enemy player or successfully defending does offer guild coins. 
Donation - this shows the list of guild members, you can request specific 1 star heroes and also donate as well. Donating gives both diamonds and guild coins, max 1 request every 6 hours.
to make things easier every 500 max waves cleared after rebirthing will up the amount of heroes you can receive by 1
Example if you reach 3000 waves, you can receive a max request in donation of  7.

Heroes can go up to 10 stars max. or 5 red. 
Heroes have 3 passive abilities and 1 auto active
with more stars the stronger the abilities.
heroes has a default stats from 1 star, and each stat goes up by 10% for each star being that at 10 stars heroes would be 2x stronger than their base form by stat wise.
Hero stats are, Health, Armor, Attack, Speed
heroes have 5 classes, mage, tank, ranger, assassin, priest
mage can target multiple units
tank can take in more damage and can self sustain
ranger can deal damage overtime effect and hard crowd control an enemy
assassins has heavy single target damage
priest heals/buffs ally heroes 

Rebirth - after wave 50 players can choose to rebirth to get diamonds used to purchase new equipment and summoning stones.
each wave will add 1 guarantee diamond for rebirth, every 100 waves increases each future waves gain by an additional 1 diamond. 
example at wave 100 you will recieve 100 diamonds
wave 200 = 300 diamonds
wave 300 = 600 diamonds. 
this encourages players to push further.

Skill Tree. Originally planned to be perma buffs then I realized it needed to be changed
For every 100 maximum waves cleared players would earn 1 point for their skill tree, this is to encourage players to push harder. With the max of 10 skill points per skill
Damage - designed for very active players to be able to go farther when they have nothing to do 
Fury - Units gains 1% bonus movement speed 
Break Legs - Units has 1% chance to stun an enemy on hit
Kick Them wile They're Down - Deals 2% more damage to stunned enemies
Set Fire - Attacks leave a burn dealing 2% bonus damage threw the course of 5 turns
Join By Fear - 1% Chance to acquire a Basic summon stone every wave (at max level 1% chance to acquire Rare Summon Stone instead of 10% of Basic)
Armor Break - Attack Steals 2% enemies Armor

Relaxation - designed for players who have work, school, or just trying to catch some sleep
Push With Supervision - Increase battle speed by 20%
Push Wile I'm Away - Continues Pushing for a max of 50 waves wile you are offline 
Pickpocket - Increase Gold Gained by 10%
Disable Eye - Increase Diamonds Gained by 5%
Cheapscape - Leveling Up Heroes Cost 5% less gold
Pick Up - has a 1% bonus chance every wave to pick up 5 diamonds (leveling this up increases the diamonds, not the chance)

Assistance and Sustain - For Players who like to interact with the game
Upon leveling up the first skill in this tree a bar will be available at the bottom of the screen, when a unit attacks or takes damage, the bar would be filled by 10%
Dragon Flames - When The Bar is full Deal 10% of your first heroes attack power divided into all the enemies that are alive by clicking the screen
Gold Boost - Tapping the screen boosts up the bar 1% per tap and grants you 1% of wave gold
Flash Us Senpai - When The Bar Is Full Has a 10% chance to stun the enemy team
Golden Shower - When The Bar Is Full Heals for 1% missing heroes health
Fast Metabolism - Increase the fill rate from attack and damage by 1%
Iggy To JoJo - You can now switch out heroes If damage reaches Critical (Less than 3%) (leveling this up increases the rate by 3%) Switching out heroes will have their Health Regenerated 1% a minute instead of going into direct cooldown

Sooo thats all i came up with, what do you guys think?

Edited by 2Janna1Challice
A Few changes needed

Advertisement

A lot missing here. In truth you only have a payment system and character selector here, with one game mechanic.

True the hero run thing does sound interesting except compulsive players, and that is most of them, will feel a need to keep playing until there full roster of 50 hero's are dead. Remember your players have lives to get to.

Then there is the fact that making 50 characters at the cheapest price possible is going to cost $300*50 = $ 15000 (100 -200 days if done by one artist). Not to mention you would need to create 50 unique characters.

Instead it would be better just to limit the player to 5 characters a day. Then you can have some kind of daily character bonus that gives characters of a type some advantage. This will make players chose between using the advantage or sticking with a hero they are good at.

1 hour ago, 2Janna1Challice said:

Clicking On Heroes will display all available heroes in a dropdown menu

Bad idea if you have a lot of characters. Drop down windows are great for making it feel like there is more choices than there really is, that is why they are a pain to use when there actually is a lot of choices.

During gameplay the screen should show the ongoing battle, with 4 menues in the bottom. Being Heroes, Shop, Guild, and Alter

Bad design, people don't want menus waiving in there face while playing. It's also going to make people unnecessary cautious, they will constantly concern them self with not pressing the menu by mistake, even if there is no way to do so.

If it is actually is possible to press the button by mistake, they will think you are attempting to force them into buying.

War - Guild leader can put up a search in guild war, when a war is active, you will see a score board and names of both allies and enemies, click invade on an enemy to see your hero army fight against their hero army in 6v6 turn base action.

Nice one, this way the person won't have to be actively playing at the moment of the war. Best idea on the list.

Heroes have no distinct rarity, its to keep the game more fair flavorful and unique.

I have seen so many games try this and fail.

It will only work if each character is truly unique and that only works because it makes the character rare. If a new character in a 20 roster is unique it's 1 out of 20, making it rare; that is the only way I have seen this work before.

Perma Buffs, now app developers wouldn't be devs if they didn't had a jerk plan on milking players. 

Most developers never plan on milking players, they end up forced into it.

Perma Buffs is a good example, they where made as a money sink, back then games where payed for by subscriptions. 

Give players a pointless boost at a high in game gold cost, it was a great way to get rid of gold that had a endless inflow. So if a player could by 10% extra gold drop rate for a high price they see it as a long term investment, when in fact most payers would stop playing long before they had a 100% drop rate bonus; meaning they where spending more gold than they made.

Look at the things on your Perma buff list. Ways for players to earn more in game resources so that they can spend it to gain more in game resources. It's a loop not an advantage.

All it does is speedup the players progress, that is only a risk to you as a developer, because it means you have to work harder to keep players interested.

Double Speed Switch (goes to top right if purchased)

This is bad design, making players wait to play is just asking them to leave before they are done playing. Instead your Hero death counter already acts as a good exit point.

Think of it like this if a player quits while waiting to switch a hero it means they played less than other players they play with. That means that the player will be forced into catching up or quitting. Quitting is free.

Edited by Scouting Ninja

10 hours ago, 2Janna1Challice said:

I will work on it

Keep us updated. You will find that allowing others to pick at your ideas does improve them a lot.

Welcome to the community, I hope you will use that creative mind to help others.

2 minutes ago, Scouting Ninja said:

Keep us updated. You will find that allowing others to pick at your ideas does improve them a lot.

Welcome to the community, I hope you will use that creative mind to help others.

Thank you :) 
i did change a few things
i can see how the perma buff idea would be bad and instead changed it into a skill tree based on progression. 

i can see how the perma buff idea would be bad and instead changed it into a skill tree based on progression.

Remember that perma buffs isn't bad by them self, it's how they are used.

The skill tree is a good idea for you as a developer because it allows you to balance the game for the perma buffs. The main question here is how will you make it interesting for players without making it break the game.

If I had to do it I would use something like the Borderlands "bad ass rank", it forces players to invest points equally for the most gain. Making them think they are gaining a edge while in truth there builds often end up the same. Yet it still makes it possible for them to focus on a bonus they want, giving them unique builds if they stay focused.

31 minutes ago, Scouting Ninja said:

Remember that perma buffs isn't bad by them self, it's how they are used.

The skill tree is a good idea for you as a developer because it allows you to balance the game for the perma buffs. The main question here is how will you make it interesting for players without making it break the game.

If I had to do it I would use something like the Borderlands "bad ass rank", it forces players to invest points equally for the most gain. Making them think they are gaining a edge while in truth there builds often end up the same. Yet it still makes it possible for them to focus on a bonus they want, giving them unique builds if they stay focused.

Hmm the closest idea i have to a solution is, what if there were 10 skills available for a tree, but yet lower the effects of each skill, where it can still be noticeable but not broken

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!