• Advertisement
Freezee

Looking for a C++ FPS game project

This topic is 445 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm 16 years old (nearly 17) french guy who loves coding, and pizzas, and music, and a lot of other things...

I started learning some programming languages 6 years ago, and always failed to achieve something with them. Then I decided to re-try Java 2 years ago, and it went pretty well. So well that from this time I did not stopped programming. I really started to dig into C++ a year ago because I wanted lower level programming skills, with one specific goal: create games. Unfortunately I always overestimate myself and my ideas, and I've not been able to create a single real game because of my lack of experience in that specific domain. So I'm looking for a 3D FPS game project (multiplayer would be great too) to see how that kind of project is managed, and to finally be able to create something. I would like for once to work with other people on the same thing, I think it could really help me to help back the others. I have a lot of free time right now and I'm ready to spend some (if not a lot) into a project.

I learned a lot of C++ features when I started, but I feel like I'm missing a lot of other features and I want to learn them on something useful.

I really prefer not working on a project with a pre-used game engine (GM, UE, Unity, ...) because for me the most interesting part is what happens at the lowest programming level of a game. I learned basics of modern OpenGL so if there is a graphical engine to improve, I can work on it. I'm also very interested into working on the game engine structure, and on implementing a scripting language if it's needed. If the game is multiplayer, I will not guarantee that I could really work on that (because I really don't know a lot about networking) but I'll try my best to continue learning things and maybe work on that too.

If you're interested, feel free to contact me on Discord: Freezee#2283. If you don't have Discord, reply back a way to contact you :)

Advertisement

Yes, it is a good way to learn new thing.  :)

I suggest you to search the one you like and apply to that team directly (with private message).   

As a general guideline, it is easier if ....

• You apply to the one that doesn't finish in producing any (successful) game yet.
  • You don't pick a job.  (i.e. don't mind about any language)
  • You offer to do it for free.

Doesn't forget to show your best game/prototype you develop yourself!

Good luck.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!