• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By isu diss
      How do I fill the gap between sky and terrain? Scaling the terrain or procedural terrain rendering?

• By Jiraya
      For a 2D game, does using a float2 for position increases performance in any way?
      I know that in the end the vertex shader will have to return a float4 anyway, but does using a float2 decreases the amount of data that will have to be sent from the CPU to the GPU?

• By ucfchuck
      I am feeding in 16 bit unsigned integer data to process in a compute shader and i need to get a standard deviation.
      So I read in a series of samples and push them into float arrays
      float vals1[9], vals2[9], vals3[9], vals4[9]; int x = 0,y=0; for ( x = 0; x < 3; x++) { for (y = 0; y < 3; y++) { vals1[3 * x + y] = (float) (asuint(Input1[threadID.xy + int2(x - 1, y - 1)].x)); vals2[3 * x + y] = (float) (asuint(Input2[threadID.xy + int2(x - 1, y - 1)].x)); vals3[3 * x + y] = (float) (asuint(Input3[threadID.xy + int2(x - 1, y - 1)].x)); vals4[3 * x + y] = (float) (asuint(Input4[threadID.xy + int2(x - 1, y - 1)].x)); } } I can send these values out directly and the data is as expected

Output1[threadID.xy] = (uint) (vals1[4] ); Output2[threadID.xy] = (uint) (vals2[4] ); Output3[threadID.xy] = (uint) (vals3[4] ); Output4[threadID.xy] = (uint) (vals4[4] ); however if i do anything to that data it is destroyed.
      If i add a
      vals1[4] = vals1[4]/2; 
      or a
      vals1[4] = vals[1]-vals[4];
      the data is gone and everything comes back 0.

How does one go about converting a uint to a float and performing operations on it and then converting back to a rounded uint?
    • By fs1
      I have been trying to see how the ID3DInclude, and how its methods Open and Close work.
      I would like to add a custom path for the D3DCompile function to search for some of my includes.
      I have not found any working example. Could someone point me on how to implement these functions? I would like D3DCompile to look at a custom C:\Folder path for some of the include files.
      Thanks
    • By stale
      I'm continuing to learn more about terrain rendering, and so far I've managed to load in a heightmap and render it as a tessellated wireframe (following Frank Luna's DX11 book). However, I'm getting some really weird behavior where a large section of the wireframe is being rendered with a yellow color, even though my pixel shader is hard coded to output white. 

The parts of the mesh that are discolored changes as well, as pictured below (mesh is being clipped by far plane).

Here is my pixel shader. As mentioned, I simply hard code it to output white:
      float PS(DOUT pin) : SV_Target { return float4(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f); } I'm completely lost on what could be causing this, so any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. If I can help by providing more information please let me know.
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

DX11 Load rendering results from one computer to another

Hi,

I use DirectX to do stereo rendering in one computer.

I want to load the rendering results (two textures) to another computer. 

I can use network to transform the two textures to anther computer, but how to load them into the render target?

Thanks.

YL

Advertisement

Just as spontaneous idea, you need to fetch the textures pixels from your local machine and send those to the target machine. Here you need a texture in memory of same size and format that you could copy transfer the received pixels at.

But this will result in a very poor framerate you know?

9 hours ago, Shaarigan said:

Just as spontaneous idea, you need to fetch the textures pixels from your local machine and send those to the target machine. Here you need a texture in memory of same size and format that you could copy transfer the received pixels at.

But this will result in a very poor framerate you know?

Thanks a lot, Shaarigan. I know it is not good for performance. 

Once  I create a texture in the target computer, how to put the texture into the rendering target? Use orthogonal projection to render a quad with the created texture?

Thanks.

You answered the question, just run a post process pass which sends the texture to the swap chain(s).  That is likely the best, if not the only, method to get the images setup correctly.  it is also quite fast, your network transfer is going to be the big bottleneck.