Load rendering results from one computer to another

Started by
4 comments, last by YixunLiu 6 years, 9 months ago

Hi,

I use DirectX to do stereo rendering in one computer.

I want to load the rendering results (two textures) to another computer. 

I can use network to transform the two textures to anther computer, but how to load them into the render target?

Thanks.

YL

Advertisement

Just as spontaneous idea, you need to fetch the textures pixels from your local machine and send those to the target machine. Here you need a texture in memory of same size and format that you could copy transfer the received pixels at.

But this will result in a very poor framerate you know?

9 hours ago, Shaarigan said:

Just as spontaneous idea, you need to fetch the textures pixels from your local machine and send those to the target machine. Here you need a texture in memory of same size and format that you could copy transfer the received pixels at.

But this will result in a very poor framerate you know?

Thanks a lot, Shaarigan. I know it is not good for performance. 

Once  I create a texture in the target computer, how to put the texture into the rendering target? Use orthogonal projection to render a quad with the created texture?

Thanks.

You answered the question, just run a post process pass which sends the texture to the swap chain(s).  That is likely the best, if not the only, method to get the images setup correctly.  it is also quite fast, your network transfer is going to be the big bottleneck.

Thanks for your confirmation, Hiwas.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement