• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By kin kita
      Hello GameDev!
      This is an introduction to a new web app: Vitalkia.com. homepage - Vitalkia

Making silly games and sharing them with friends and people online is something that is really special to me. When I was 13-14 I used to hang at various game forums a lot. I didn't really make any amazing games, but that didn't matter. What makes us love making games is sharing it with others and learn. Because of this, as a side project while I study, I've been making a new game creator tool. It lets you create cool games completely in your browser. This app will help you creating games!
      I've recently created a simple interactive tutorial that takes you step by step through creating a platform game:
      Platform tutorial
      This tutorial will teach you how to make a simple platform game and introduce you to the app.
      So far it's still very early in development, but it's very possible to create great looking games, here is an example.

More info:
      The app lets you create games anywhere, anytime. Since it's cloud based, it doesn't matter which computer you use. All code and resources gets stored in your own personal web space associated with your account. Your account can be from Google or a new Vitalkia account if you want.
      You don't need to know how to code. The engine allows for direct Javascript coding but also the use of code blocks. The code blocks makes it easy to quickly create something that works.
      After you've created your game you can easily export it. It makes it directly available to everyone with an internet connection!
      There are still many things to do. For example more code blocks needs to be added, and some bug fixes, but I am looking forwards the future of the app and what people will be able to create with it!

• By Nicolas Lorusso
      Hello, i've made a game for Android, however to reach more users i made a Web adaptation which i published first in itch.io. After that, i've seen that the number of users has been incrementing a lot in comparision to Android. Doing some research i saw that the game is getting published in several web networks. I felt really frustrated since none of that networks ever contacted me for a permission for publishing the game and/or sharing revenue. I've been trying to contact people from those networks to make business but the requests are so slow or never answered,
      Is this something normal in web platform? What would you recommend me to do?
      Thanks
    • By Dead Chronicles
      Demo version in HTML5
    • By Lode
      Hello,
      I'm working on a tile based engine in HTML5+canvas.
      I currently made every single tile in the world its own little canvas. The reason is, I make two canvases per tile, and depending on state display one of the other. This allows fast switching between the two with style.display.visiblity.
      However, while that actual showing and swapping visibility goes fast, what goes slow is creating them at the start of the game, in Firefox at least. In Chrome, this all goes super fast. In firefox, simply creating a couple of thousand canvases, especially calling getContext('2d') on each of them, goes super slow.

Is there any alternative better way to have a 2D tile based engine where each tile can efficiently swap between two different graphics?

Thanks!
    • By Questengine
      Hey Everyone, I was part of this community 10 years ago. I made a game that Steve Pavlina at Dexterity published and almost no one bought. 
      I'm a programmer, I like to build stuff and HATE to market and sell stuff.  If you want to take my product and make a pile of money with it, I'll split it with you 50/50.  
      I owned picross dot com for several years before Nintendo took it from me.  All I was left with was a few thousand user-made nonogram puzzles in my database. I've been trying to do something with them, but again, I'm not a business person.
      So I've made a mobile friendly html5 page with a version of picross and it's pretty much complete, if you can monetize it I'd love to have your help.
      But picross games on mobile suck right?  Because there's too many little things to tap and too much zooming in and out!  Not with my game. I automatically fill in every other cell in the puzzle, then highlight the unsolved cells one at a time and the user need only select "mark" or "blank".  You still have to use picross-like logic, but it's faster and the UI is far simpler. 
      So this thing already exists, you can play it here http://www.questengine.com/quickcross/ I think it only responds to touch events so it may not work on a full desktop browser with mouse clicks.  There's a google adsense ad that pops up after each puzzle, but please ignore it, I'm not trying to get clicks, I seriously want a person who's good at building business relationships and who's just looking for a product to work around.
      Hope you'll have a look, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Building free websites!

I am new to building webpages (currently going through an HTML refresher, then onto CSS and more complicated bits later) and am offering to build anyone here the website they want, as long as you're aware that it will start out poor and become better as I do, completely for free. All I need from you is to fill out this form: https://onesigmastudio.typeform.com/to/Uw0RU8

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this

Advertisement

• Advertisement