At what time do you sleep and wake up?

Started by
23 comments, last by SeraphLance 6 years, 8 months ago

I have a pretty disturbed schedule of sleeping and waking up, I am curious what everyone else is up to. I sleep between 12pm (is 12'o click midnight AM or PM?) to 3am and wake up between 10 to 12 in morning. 

Advertisement

I have to be pretty consistent everyday with my day job and all. So I'm usually awake by 7:15 AM and then I turn in a little after 10 PM. On weekends I'll wake up closer to 9 or 10 and go to sleep closer to 11. And some days it just depends on how "into" programming I am. Once I get deep into a task, it can be hard for me to stop.

Generally, I sleep no later than 11. I'm usually out by 10, 10:30 though. I'm usually up pretty early, like 7:30. I'm not much of a night owl, never have been really. Plus for my day job, I do need to get in during the mornings (like 9 or so), so I need to have my sleep, otherwise I just can't function. 

I'm told that I'm actually an anomaly for people my age, since I sleep early and get up early. *shrug*

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

I sleep just fine. It all boils down to what you eat and an imbalance of nutrients. This affects behavior, sleep, mood, causes anxiety, etc. My suggestion - get a crockpot and throw in a whole bunch of vegetables, chicken, etc and eat. You'll feel better everyday!

Codeloader - Free games, stories, and articles!
If you stare at a computer for 5 minutes you might be a nerdneck!
https://www.codeloader.dev

I've gotten pretty regular in the last few years.  Go to bed at 11:00, get up at 6:00.  I used to be fairly irregular, both in times I'd got to bed and get up, and how much sleep on any given night I'd get.

Go to bed at 00:00, and get up at 9:00. But I want to get up early.

As a artist I "volunteer" a lot of extra hours, so I have a very irregular sleeping hours.

After a job where I had to do multiple days of 24 hour work shifts, with 6 hours of sleep in between each, I had swelling and stomach pains.

Some of my organs where beginning to pack up. It turns out that lots of coffee, only fast food and little sleep is bad for your heart and kidneys.

So now it doesn't matter what time I wake, I always force my self to go to sleep in 16 hours.

I go to bed at 01.00 am and wake up at 8-9 am))

21 hours ago, Scouting Ninja said:

As a artist I "volunteer" a lot of extra hours, so I have a very irregular sleeping hours.

After a job where I had to do multiple days of 24 hour work shifts, with 6 hours of sleep in between each, I had swelling and stomach pains.

Some of my organs where beginning to pack up. It turns out that lots of coffee, only fast food and little sleep is bad for your heart and kidneys.

So now it doesn't matter what time I wake, I always force my self to go to sleep in 16 hours.

Food is king. The kind of food you put into your body seems to determine your overall mood and even things like motivation from what I have found. Eat well - stay motivated, young, and happy. Get a slow cooker - easy way to cook and healthy!

Codeloader - Free games, stories, and articles!
If you stare at a computer for 5 minutes you might be a nerdneck!
https://www.codeloader.dev

Currently I go to bed around 3 AM and get up around 9:20 AM.

It used to be worse (going to bed later, getting up at the same time), but it's gradually getting better. Generally, my sleeping (+ energy levels + mood) is way better when I exercise. Excepting a few weeks rest time + vacation time, I've been doing fairly hardcore exercise 5-7 days a week for soon 4 months.

Ideally I'd go to bed around midnight - 1AM and get up around 7-8 AM -- I'm getting there!

Hello to all my stalkers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement