Sign in to follow this  
daisyalesoundworks

What more do you want in your audio asset packs?

Hi everyone. I'm putting up a few asset packs of music and I'd like to know what you *wish* was included in asset packs, or what types of asset packs are missing from the world. 

Here's my first one from music throughout the years, 33 mintues of fantasy music and ambiance loops. What stuff do you wish you saw more of in asset packs? Any advice for me regarding mine? Thanks!

I've also put two dynamic music FMOD tracks up there. 

http://u3d.as/R64

Edited by daisyalesoundworks

Sign in to follow this  

• Announcements

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By Vityou
      I'm looking to create some kind of simulation like game similar to rimworld and dwarf fortress.  I would also like to include a way to control units through programming, similar to screeps, I'm even thinking of using JavaScript as well.  I would like the graphics to be separate from the actual game, so that people can make their own if they don't like the default on (the game will be open source).  Are there any languages or engines that would be good for this task?  I mostly program in functional languages like racket, but I know some python, Java, and JavaScript.  I know how to use unity somewhat, but I'm not sure that it would be best for this.  Also, I'm not sure if this is important for picking out the right tools, but I am thinking of including a feature to run parts of the simulation at different levels of detail, for example, you could "zoom in" on a battle that's happening and see each individual shot, or you could just get the main idea of the battle, like if you won and how much gold you got or something like that.  Thanks for any suggestions.
    • By deltaKshatriya
      Hey all, 
      This isn't really a post that fits into any particular forum, so I'm posting it here, but feel free to move it mods, if you feel that it should move. I figured it isn't really specifically about game dev related careers.
      I'm a recent college grad, currently working as a software engineer as part of a rotational program, so I'll be spending some time in my current role then rotating to a new location and new software engineering related position. I did my undergrad in Computer Science, and while Computer Science had been my main career interest for quite some time before college, while working my way through college my main focus really was just to get done with the degree, get a job, and be done with the extreme stress/too much work during college. Now that I'm out, I'm not as sure about my career direction as I was before. While I do still do like Computer Science, software engineering, etc., my current position, although well paying, doesn't really involve me doing much on a day to day basis (for now at least though that's subject to change). The good news is that I've got a lot of control over where I rotate to next. Interestingly enough, initially I got interested in Computer Science because of game dev (as a teenager at least). Then that morphed into AI and machine learning. Now it's....unknown really.
      Now the thing is I've kind of been bouncing around in all sorts of directions. I absolutely love 3d art and have been actively trying to get better at it. I've also taken up writing and considered trying to write a novel in my spare time. Then I'm finding graphics programming very interesting as well (although that's not what my day job is), and I still have quite an interest in machine learning, data science, text mining, etc.
      In short, I have absolutely no clue which direction to move towards. My parents believe I need to get a graduate degree, either an MBA or an MS in Computer Science. I, honestly, have no clue. And so I'm here, wondering what I should do with very little actual idea of what I should do.
      So I'd like to here your thoughts, fellow people of this particular section of the Internet. 
      Thanks in advance!

• By Levi Lohman
      First off, I have some experience in coding, and I've been told I am talented in the ways of mathematics, but I never learned an entire programming language well enough to make an actual game. But I'm not looking for a game engine where there is no coding or scripting at all, I would prefer something where you can set up the game world or levels by dragging and dropping objects in. But I could control the behavior of the objects through simple logic parameters that you set up by selecting things from lists and inputting data. 
      One example is that if you were dropping in the area the player would walk on you could select the object that the player would walk on and from a list that would come up you would select something like "Lable" or "Property" that would bring up a text box where you could input something like "solidSurface" and then you would select the level which would bring up a list where you could select an if/then choice and you would be guided through a thing called "Object Define" where it would say, "If object has lable/property, " and you would select from a list of lables or properties you already made like the "solidSurface" thing you entered in earlier, then you would select some things from a list saying "Player" and you would select an action like "Collide" and finally you would select an action that would happen on collision like "Stop" and you would end up with a surface the player can walk on top of.
      Or if you were making an RPG and you wanted to define how a certain attack worked and had already set up variables for the stats of the player, enemies, and equipment you could type in some things like "preDamage = (weaponAtk x 1.25) x ((playerStrgth / 100) + 1)" and "enemyDefence = enemyArmor x ((enemyEnd / 100) + 1)" and "actualDamage = preDamage - enemyDefence" then you would select an if/then/else template saying something like "if actualDamage < 0, actualDamage = 0, else enemyHP = enemyHP - actualDamage"

If you know of a game engine that is like or similar to what I'm looking for or if you need more information to know for sure, please leave a reply.
    • By deltaKshatriya
      Hey all,
      As some of you may know, I do have a Computer Science background, but either by chance/design/fate/insert stupid excuse here, I didn't take any graphics courses in my undergraduate degree, but now I'd be very interested in at least learning the basics of graphics and potentially pursuing more in graphics. I'm interested in all sorts of graphics in general, so everything from real-time engines to rendering engines like Arnold, Octane, etc. Can anyone point me in the right directions for books/tutorials?
      Thanks in advance!
      EDIT: Apologies in advance if I missed the proper channels for this as well
    • By nihitori
      Hello everyone!

I'm one of the creators of the Colossal Game Music Collection and, as we now approach the end of the first year in which the collection has been released, we are currently planning our first major update to it...  As such, we thought it would be cool to ask you guys first about what sort of music content indie devs are most looking for and what they think it's currently missing on the asset markets. We would truly appreciate your opinions on this, as it would be crucial to improve the quality and usability of our collection. Here it goes:

- Our first question is in regards to the type of music currently available to indie devs (for example "Action", "Horror", "Fantasy"...) and not just in regards to the game genre, but also to the type of instrumentation / production (for example "Electronic", "Orchestral", "Ambient"...). What type of game music asset types are you most in need these days and feel like they're lacking on the marketplaces?

- The second question is in regards to how the music itself is presented in the asset packs. For instance, we have been making 5 original tracks per pack available on the collection, available as both full tracks and seamless loops (sometimes with also smaller / longer versions available, as well as multiple small loops). Do you think this is the best approach? Or would you prefer the music to be presented in any other way?

Any other information you can give is also very much welcomed.
      Cheers!
  • Popular Now