• Advertisement
francoisdiy

Francois DIY - My version of Mario Maker - Complete with working game engine!

This topic is 441 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all,

For the past year or so I have been working on an app similar to Mario Maker except with the ability to create your own characters, including programming them. I have made a few levels and managed to hook up a gamepad to play the games that I made. You can also build a game console which boots off of Linux and transfers controls to the app before the desktop is started!

Some screenshots of the app are show below. For more information about the app go here: www.francoisdiy.com

Download Link: Click Here

Installation Instructions: Copy francoisdiy to PC and click on francoisdiy.bat if you are on Windows. Linux users refer to website.

Here is a video of the app in action:

Looking for people to build levels so I can play them! I'm serious!

screenshot_1.png

screenshot_2.png

screenshot_3.png

screenshot_4.png

Edited by francoisdiy
none

Advertisement

I see you've posted a video now.

With that, I can definitely say without a doubt that there's no way I would pay $15 for this. The physics are overly simplistic, there's no animation, and the overall presentation leaves something to be desired. There's a chance that I would use it anyway if it was gratis, but I'm not even sure about that; SuperTux has a level editor (I haven't used the new in-game level editor, but I doubt it's difficult to use), and while it isn't perfect by any means, is much better in its physics and presentation than this.

I don't want to discourage you, but I would say that you have a lot of work to do. You need to convince anyone who sees this that it is better than everything else that's already available for free, especially if you want them to pay for it.

Edited by JulieMaru-chan

The video dropped frames. Makes it look like there is no animation. Running video at 60 frames per second on OBS video streamer.

I think I should be payed in levels. Meaning if you use it create levels for me and that would be the payment!

Edited by francoisdiy
none

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!